BONNIE - Do you mind sharing?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Yes! I was just going to ask the list where I could find information on one of these racks. I would really like to purchase one. Any suggestions as to where I might look?

Tamarack

We used something similar with show cattle. This one has a squeeze catch at the neck, not a good idea for horses, but with a stall mat and cross ties, this idea might work for those of you with husbands who weld.grooming chute

Just woondering if anyone could give a guestimate of dimentions for one of these mini sized! Im putting this at the head of the project list . I have the vet coming next week and wow could this make things alot easier!! Thanks for the idea, I LOVE it!
default_wub.png
default_aktion033.gif

Hi I hate to keep bumping this up but Ive convinced my husband that I need one of these so does anyone have measurements for about a big one should be for a mini and if you change the size should it be built any differently? Kath
default_wink.png

I have been wanting something like this too. To make it easier to clip and vaccinate.

I showed cattle all through high school and college and never even thought about turning my old blocking chute in a mini stock for the horses. I am going to get hubby on it pronto. And we always used old pieces of carpet in the bottom for the calves. It would probably work for the horses too. Just need to add a rail near the front to keep them from going too far forward. Thanks for the idea.

Also, I know the woman who makes these stocks. Check them out on her webpage. They look great but I just don't have the money to spend on one right now.

Mini Stocks Page

Last edited by a moderator:
How we built this one was to go by a trailers width and length. Then when it was built we put her in it and judged where the back rope should be. For the height we went about 6 feet.

What I would do for my mini, if I was going to build one for her,would be to make it about 5 ft long.2.5 -3 ft wide. Going by my mini I would place the top side rail just below the wither ( we call that the bump rail) then the lower rail just below the belly.I personally would use 4x4 for the posts in the ground and 2x4 for the rest.

Then set the ropes where needed.

So far my mini is a dream to work on, and I dont need one for her.

I forgot to add- remember to sink all the bolts! Dont want horses to get hurt on the bolts!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is so great! I was on here last night and couldnt find the thread to show my husband, I wish I owned a printer so that I could print out the picture. If there is any way Bonny for you to email me a picture of this I would be forever in your debt!!! I actually have my husband talked into doing this and I cleared a spot in front of my barn already for it.Does anyone have any suggestions for raising this about a foot? I still am going to put all the posts into the ground. I would like to make clipping a little easier but I really dont want it to get dangerous, I love those metal stocks but cant even imagine what it wuld cast to ship it to Maine! I have alot to clip and wash in the next week for the show next Sunday and If I can get this done this weekend Ill let you all know how it works out and what modifications we make to make it mini sized. Finally a project that will make my life easier! LOVE IT!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

I have one, it was designed for goats but I have modified it slightly and it works for the minis. Its 18" off the ground, its 24" wide, with a side rail on each side. there is no top rail above the head, and I am planning on putting a rope for a chest bar on it and one at the tail. There is space for cross ties but I haven't put those in yet. I'll get pictures this evening. Its made of heavy guage steel, with a solid steel platform with a rubber mat covering it. for the taller ones, they don't really need a ramp but the smaller ones do. I am in the process of building a ramp.

Karen

Latest posts

Back