Boil water question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

etqman

Reaction score
Yesterday, we had a water main break up the road. When they were done fixing it, the town delivered a letter telling us to boil our water before drinking it, cooking with it, etc., due to bacteria that may have entered the pipes during repairs.

We have three mini's, and my question is, can they drink the water without boiling it?

I appreciate any quick replies.

So how long are you supposed to boil the water for your own personal use?

The paper said to boil for one minute. We were able to fill some Gallon jugs at my daughter's house so I didn't end up boiling any.

So I ended up not boiling their water, and they seem fine. No signs of diarrhea, or discomfort. Town came by today to tell us we no longer need to boil our drinking water. Thanks everyone for your input!!

The paper said to boil for one minute. We were able to fill some Gallon jugs at my daughter's house so I didn't end up boiling any.
I had meant for how many days or weeks were you supposed to boil water before using, thinking perhaps the need to boil would be passed before needing to water the horses if it was only for a day. And, I'd run the water for 5-10 minutes before filling troughs, to pass some out of the pipes that had been sitting there. [And, I see it's all good now.]

Latest posts

Back