Body clippers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pumpkingirl

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to the mini horse world but have owned horses for over 30 years. I bought 2 mini's last fall and both will be shown this season. Both are just yearlings. I need to buy body clippers and want to know which ones are recommended and which to stay away from. Thanks for your help.

Hi...I am a big fan of the Andis AGC 2 speeds. Quiet, don't get super hot, and easy, inexpensive to maintain

just change out the blade drive once or twice a year, check the hinge and make sure it's tight, and remove the cap by the blade to remove the hair. I don't care for any Osters...been through several models and the get very hot, hand burning hot. And that is just how they are, there's nothing "wrong" with them.

Good Luck

Gina

Hi...I am a big fan of the Andis AGC 2 speeds. Quiet, don't get super hot, and easy, inexpensive to maintain

just change out the blade drive once or twice a year, check the hinge and make sure it's tight, and remove the cap by the blade to remove the hair. I don't care for any Osters...been through several models and the get very hot, hand burning hot. And that is just how they are, there's nothing "wrong" with them.

Good Luck

Gina
What Gina said.

Good Luck

Gina

Thank you for your reply. I have seen those and thought they looked pretty good. Appreciate the help. This will be the first time to do body clipping. Could be interesting!!!

I agree, Andis Super 2's are great and fit well in your hand, alot better than of the Oster brand. The Osters got really hot fast compared to the other brands that I have bought over the years.

We also use the Double K clippers and the cordless Laube Speed Feed as well and they are great too.

The Double K's are more expensive but I have no trouble clipping all the winter hair off my horses, cuts it off like cutting thru butter, especially when you have 7 or 8 horses to get show clipped and ready in a short amount of time. My Double K's and Andis Super 2's I have had since 2001 and take them and the blades to the Nationals every year for service work and sharpening.

The Laube's are great for heads and ears and touchups as well and very adjustable blade sizes while your clipping and blending areas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Double K's. Expensive but the hand piece never gets hot. If you have plenty of blades, you can clip all day without stopping.

My osters have been in my family since the early 80's and has clipped hundreds of horses. They can get hot, but I usually only have to take a 15 min break twice per horse and they do fine. I would buy another pair of osters in a heartbeat.

Double K is a nice set of clippers. I also bought a set of Laube speed feed for touch ups. They are very nice as well.

I second the Double K's. They are very powerful and suit best for body clipping.

I bought the Oster A5 clippers last year. I'm happy with them overall, but do agree they do get hot. I have three blades and rotate between them when I'm doing heavy clipping. That's worked well for me.

Double K all the way!!!
default_wink.png

I like my Double K's for clipping off the winter coats - they are powerful and don't heat up at all, I just keep changing blades, BUT I don't like them for show clipping. I find the cord a bit on the awkward side and they make my hand tired. I use them in the spring for a quick rough clip to remove the heavy coats. I like Wahl's KM2 - they are lightweight, quiet and ergonomically built to be comfortable in your hand - I have 2 sets. I also like my Andis AGCL because it's light weight, quiet and comfortable to hold and the light makes clipping even in dim light possible and with good results.

Latest posts

Back