Body Builder Supplement-----> Question added 8/16

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Wolf Ranch

Reaction score
I just ordered some Body Builder supplement for my riding horse gelding (for those of you who have been following my other post you know what I am talking about) and I am wanting to hear from those of you that use it, your results from it and what you accomplished with your horses being on it. I heard about it being a great weight builder and I would like to hear the pros and cons of this supplement......after spending $83 for it.....it better work!

If anyone has "before and after" pictures of your horses while using this supplement, please provide!

Thanks so much guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just started it 2 weeks ago - have a mare that no matter what cannot fill in her topline - her backbone always seems to stick up a little. I can already see her topline coming up. I don't have any pics, and don't know if you could tell yet in a pick - I can feel the difference though.

I have used it on several of my minis with great success. Plus they all seem to love the taste, will suck it right out of the syringe! The 2 that I have used it on were a gelding that had broken his leg (had major surgery to plate it back together long story) was on stall rest for almost 8 months then I slowly started him back lunging and as he had lost most of his muscle he got Body Builder, the second guy was a over mini stallion he was a pacer (in his stall or pasture didnt matter) so he needed the body builder for his top line and it seemed to help keep him calmer.

These 2 are the gelding that broke his leg. The first one was taken at a local show in april the next at nationals.

ian1.JPGiannat2.bmp

Attachments

• iannat2.bmp
    99.1 KB · Views: 70
You really will see results. Be sure to give it from the syringe (dont put it on top of grain) That way you don't waste any as it will stick to the feeder.

Horses love the taste so much they will come running when they see the syringe.

I took in a very underweight sick horse and in 2 weeks on bodybuilder he looked amazing.

I always used it in the spring on show horses before show season

Great stuff and worth the money

Jeffers used to have the best price on it with free shipping

Last edited by a moderator:
My Body Builder just came in today!! Woohoo!!!

QUESTION:

Since he weighs about 950 lbs. and the instructions say 1 tablespoon for over 300 lbs...........should I give him 2 tablespoons per day (1 in the morning and 1 at night) or should I just give him the 1 tablespoon per day? I want his weight to come up pretty quickly (about 30-45 days) so that way he looks really good when we move and actually "looks" like an easy keeper lol.

Any tips or comments are greatly appreciated.....oh and by the way.....I don't think he liked the taste LOL there was a lot of headshaking and he was ready to get away from me just like he does with the dewormer lol....

I would dose at the 15ml (1tbsp) once daily like the directions say. Ive always used the amount the directions say and noticed weight gain quickly and defiantly a big improvement within a month.

I think I posted on your other thread, but yes I've had great success with it too.. have used it for show horses and last year, for an underweight mare who had just stopped eating. It's the only thing that saved her.

Jan

Back