Boarding Cost and Fencing

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

palindromebaby

Reaction score
After 2 years at my current barn it is becoming increasingly difficult to accept the issues. I am aware no where is perfect but it is time to move on. Issue is my new mini! Moving my big mare hasn't an issue in the past but the little one of course requires fencing that will keep a mini in. So what does everyone pay for full care mini board and how hard was it to find a barn that could accommodate a mini?

Boarding is hard especially when you need to consider fencing etc. I understand "Rules " and what your saying , unfortunately rules are in place due to insurance etc and the safety of all who board.

My cousin has recently started to offer boarding or agisting as we call it here. She had quite a few people inquire and decided to make some alterations to the fencing so she could accommodate minis.

I guess it really depends on how badly these farms want boarders to whether they will make some changes to fencing.

Regarding pricing here, it depends on what facilities are on offer ( arena, hot wash, storage for gear & feed etc).

If im not being to personal, what area are you in ? Someone here may be able to assist you.

I am in the Cincinnati area. It's hard because my girls are easy keepers, I am no drama, pay on time always and do everything for my horses a good boarding barn could ask for in regards to routine care! I just am wanting good care which includes the girls being fed at a decent time in the morning (current biggest problem with current barn) and need to have at least an outdoor that is able to be ridden in most of the year.

Latest posts

Back