Bluegrass Miniature Horse Sale

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shimfessel5

Reaction score
This is a special thanks to the Bluegrass Miniature Horse Club

and especially Don/Billie Rickertt for all their hard work organizing

such a great sale held this past weekend in Shelbyville, KY.

This was my third year in attendance and I do believe this was the

best one yet..

The tack sale was great and so were the horses. Everything seemed to

run very smoothly.
default_yes.gif

Of course my daughter wanted the most expensive horse in the sale, as usual!!!!
default_biggrin.png

So did you buy anything??

My daughter did not get the mare she wanted.. The owners "no saled" her, wanted at least $2K.

I don't blame them she was a nice mare in foal to a really nice stallion..

But there's always next year
default_yes.gif

We did buy quite a bit of tack as well and a new

XS hot pink halter and lead for our filly. "Miss Sassy"
default_wub.png

My neighbors were there and I helped them "spend" their money.
default_biggrin.png

They did buy two horses. One was a gelding broke to drive and the other a yearling colt.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to agree. It was a very nice sale. Well run. I got several things at the tack sale that we needed. Thanks to Don and Billie Rickert for all of your hard work.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

I didn't go because I am in the "sale" mode (suppose to be cutting back) and I would have probably bought a horse since there were a few I really liked. If anyone caught what Lots 4, 16, 37 and 38 went for, would you please e-mail me.

I am sure there are some very happy new owners out there.

Freida

Silver Ridge Minis

[email protected]

This is a special thanks to the Bluegrass Miniature Horse Club

and especially Don/Billie Rickertt for all their hard work organizing

such a great sale held this past weekend in Shelbyville, KY.

This was my third year in attendance and I do believe this was the

best one yet..

The tack sale was great and so were the horses. Everything seemed to

run very smoothly.
default_yes.gif

Of course my daughter wanted the most expensive horse in the sale, as usual!!!!
default_biggrin.png

Depends if you was buying or selling! It was a buyers sale. Low prices only a few brought decent prices. With all the high sale fees - commissions- no sale fees & gas prices. It was awful. Unless you really got a good price you went in the hole. It was a good sale for the cub, but then they always make money

Dkminis said:
I am a bit baffled by why you are upset. The commission and sales fees were clearly posted on the paperwork I got about consigning to the sale. They did not change. If you felt they were too high, why did you consign? (assuming you are upset because you did and did not get a good price?) I thought they were reasonable and in line with other major sales in terms of commissions/prices. And gas prices- everyone knows they are high. Did you expect them to go down for that weekend.?

Just a bit puzzled as to why you are particularly upset with the club over things that were published way in advance. I could understand it better if you went and found out then, but I got my consignment papers in November 2007 and they were full in February- so you had plenty of time to withdraw from the sale. I did not consign because I felt the market would be low, gas prices high and did the math on what price I wanted for my horse minus the fees beforehand and decided I would just wait out the economy.

With all the high sale fees - commissions- no sale fees & gas prices. It was awful. Unless you really got a good price you went in the hole.
............. Lee & I have helped & attended this sale every year. I have never sold a horse at auction simply because I cannot control who buys it...... For those people that do not want to take their horses to an auction, lower the price accordingly to someone that comes to your farm to buy. You may be selling at auction price but you can control who gets your horse.

It was a good sale for the cub, but then they always make money
........... If a club could not make money on an auction then there would be no auction & there may not even be a club because the club has to generate income from something to survive.................. After seeing what Don & Billie had to do to put on this sale I would never do it, even with pay. Thank you Don & Billie for a job well done........
default_aktion033.gif
.......... I did have someone tell me that the prices at our sale were better than the prices at a couple of earlier sales... Still not enough if you are a seller but folks need to face the facts - there are too many horses being bred to demand high prices anymore and I feel this is going to be the permanent situation............................ As a side note hay is still going to be high because of the cost of fertilizer. Our hay supplier said that it used to cost $600 to fertilize her pastures - this year they wanted $2700!!!!

Latest posts

Back