Bloodlines

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MelissaAH

Reaction score
I am new to Mini's also and know absolutely nothing about bloodlines. I am not sure what I want to do but I want a good mare for my first one. I am looking at a mare named Scarletts Belle Tara who is just a gorgeous pinto and a proven brood mare. I am told by every breeder to buy an older mare who is well trained and can do just about anything. Especially if I don't know what I want to do yet. But I am looking at driving just for pleasure. She is 32" high. But what a sweet beauty she is.

If you are buying a mare for yourself for pleasure, or just to raise a baby now and then, forget about bloodlines and just buy a horse that YOU like. Get an experts opinion about conformation, but don't worry about bloodlines. If you are buying a mare, to breed, and market the babies, then bloodlines matter a bit, but the individual horse is still most important.

I agree with Matt - To me a horse has to catch my eye first - than I look at bloodlines.

Latest posts

Back