Bloodlines You Love

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Wolf Ranch

Reaction score
What is everyone's favorite bloodlines they love to have in your herd? What about the "new" champions in the ring that are starting to make their mark in the show ring and breeding shed?

Do you have different bloodlines for halter vs performance or do you find that they are universal?

What is your bloodline wish list?

good question! I'll be watching it to see the names recommended for halter and performance.

I have a stud that's a little wardance son out of a sweetwater bred mare, he himself was bred by Buckeye WCF. 'Old school' pedigree, and I wouldn't trade it for the world! Love this horse and his personality.

Definitely one of the smartest animals I've ever worked with, but he's that rare horse that doesn't use his scary level of intelligence for mischief! Give me 10 minutes I can teach this horse anything, and he will retain it for forever. But he doesn't pull the rest of the crap that usually comes with a smart horse. Will stand tied for hours, doesn't try to escape really ever, children can handle him no problem, just that rare 'once in a lifetime' kind of horse!

I REALLY like a lot of horses from LTD farms. Hoping to save my pennies and maybe someday have a Magic Man daughter, or another horse from Buckeye WCF.

Im just not a fan of a lot of the Buckeroo lines. Can't put a finger on as to why, just not my style of horses.

However, Im totally going to be 'that guy,' and say that theres no bad bloodline for a good horse. If I found the perfect mare with the perfect color, the perfect conformation, and the perfect temperment sired by Backyard Billy out of Nancy No Name mare, then so be it. I'd take her over a 'bred up the hilt mare' of average quality any day of the week without looking back. When the judge gets a copy of the pedigree, I'll change my mind, but until then, the quality of the horse trumps all!

Komokos little king supreme here!

I own a double bred son, 2 double bred granddaughters, and 1 x4 granddaughter.

They do very well in halter classes and if I did performance, I bet well there to as folks say they would.

Heres pics.

post-18407-0-03557100-1354637805_thumb.jpeg

I <3 my white russian son, all russian babies seem to have his incredible presence.

My boy Little Kings Russian Wind "Kahlua"

IMG_10590717914854.jpeg
IMG_10625814478183.jpeg

I happen to be fond of Buckeroo, have three grand get and now 3 great grand get. Like others as well. I have a Hilltops Little Vegas grand daughter. Most of the others are little known, especially now, what was known is too far back on the pedigree.

We like the Buckeroo horses but have favorite horses from him that we prefer over others. Double Destiny is probably one of our favorites, Buck Echo, and Renaissance. We have sons of all of them plus a DD daughter too. They have been great producers and doing great for our halter horses. Sending one of our first MT (DD son) daughters to driving training tomorrow and think she will do great. We also love the L & D Scout lines and find they cross great with the DD horses. Would love to get another Wittmacks Mickey Mouse bred mare. Roan Ranger is another we like a lot plus Blue Boy, Egyptian King, and Rowdy. Gold Melody Boy is one of our favorite foundation breeding through Buckeroo and several other great horses. My stallion Bissel Mounds Monte Carlo is a great driver and producing his movement a lot but my foals from him are just starting to get to driving age so havent gotten to train any yet, although he does have one daughter from before I got him that has done great in driving. Really want a son or daughter of Alliance Piano Man and would love to find offspring of Alliance Sign On The Dotted Line (my all time favorite appy). I also seem to really like a lot of the mares from Mr Jandt's breeding program. Seem to be drawn to them when I see them for sale LOL! I know there are others I am missing but these come to mind first.

Very fond of the Grassmere horses. They win in halter as youngsters and then go on to be spectacular driving horses like Grassmere's Lil' Noble Aristocrat (HOF) and McCarthy Grassmere Smoke N' Mirrors (HOF).

I love the First Knight breeding! In particular First Knights Billy Idol and First Knights Breakin All The Rules. <3 I have offspring from both.

No surprise... I love L&D Scout, so that would be Orion lines. The current Supremes and champions that come from arenosa Shetland and Rhotens Little Dandy cross are awesome. When I first got into minis I liked Egyptian king, he was the line in those times. Rhotens Little dandy was producing loads of "boring" Brown/white pintos with socks, but it has been a prepotent line, with lots of talented and beautiful horses. Lots of great-producing lines. Still love some L&D Scout the most!

Reactions: CMC
I would love to have something with Rhoten's Little Dandy for driving and for halter maybe something from the Billy Idol line.

I admire a great many bloodlines, but one look at my herd, and you will see that I have a soft spot for the Boones Little Buckeroo line in particular
default_smile.png

Although he himself doesnt do much for me I have noticed that many horses that catch my eye do have Roan Ranger in the pedigree

Last edited by a moderator:
Still love Bristol San Juan. Just spectacular and incredible babies. And I am partial to Jubulation FMF and his babies too.

Rhoten's Little Dandy and Bond Dynamo. I own a Rhoten's Little Dandy son and 3 Bond Dynamo grand children. They are all "go-ers"! Great movement, reasonable, sound and…..always ready to go!

I am old school still and probably always will be. I love Buckeroo, and Rowdy -- and especially how those lines cross. Also, I'm a huge, long-time fan of Erica Killion's breeding program. Amazingly beautiful and useful / versatile horses come out of her program!

We love Buckeroo and almost all our horses go back to him in some way. We have a daughter, LK Bonita Buckeroo, a LK Covergirl daughter, Fame son, Locomotion granddaughter, coming two year old colt by Super Supreme out of double Buckeroo bred LK Buckeroo Orchid, A Supreme Dream daughter who makes me drool, and a stallion by Boogie Buckeroo. We also have a multiple world champion producing Stouts mare, Tibbs Brianna Bay, an old girl who was the under 30 world champion in 98, Bar L S Starbright who has a beautiful head and eye, and a beautiful Cheryville filly who will be three this spring.

Latest posts

Back