Bloodlines? (I know NOTHING of mini bloodlines.)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KingsLuckyNight

Reaction score
At the mini farm a work at. I recently had the option to buy this little feller. I said no and then I thought about it for a while and it was just a impulse to buy him xD! I have 2 bigger mares that I barrel race, I've scooped up anything I could learn about mini's in the last 7 months I've been at this farm.

He is a 9 month old stud colt, Bay I think he could change I don't know. Not sure how tall.

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/index.ph… <After about an hour of looking and coming up with names I finally came up with that name for his registered name lol.

http://www.minibreeders.com/bearfarms/st… < Father.

I have no decent pictures of him or his mom lol.

387782_492545244099394_437791895_n.jpg
546660_459567270730525_661124366_n.jpg
387782_492545247432727_716341384_n.jpg
224247_459566217397297_545154251_n.jpg

Anything about his bloodlines? I was told they were good, but I deal with bigger horses bloodlines not mini's xD.

His grandfather (LITTLE AMERICAS IMPRESARIO X) on his sire side was a app, he is the sire of one of my mares (BEELINE ANNIE FANNIE). Annie is a varnish app, I was not sure if she was a app or a roan till she foaled a spotted colt this year.

According to what is in the pedigree link, he goes back to Orion Light Van't Huttenest on the top side who is well known for producing superior halter horses, usually appaloosa or pintaloosa. On the bottom side he goes back to Boones Little Buckeroo (it is spelled BuckEroo - not BuckAroo), who is without a doubt one of the best known in the business - lots of AMHA and AMHR national champs, lots of buckskins. they are quite a few generations back in his pedigree, but those are some awesome bloodlines.

With his blood lines I wouldn't be surprised if he varnished out.

He has some good lines even if they have been a couple gens back.

My little stud goes back to Toyland and BuckEroo as well. He is a great little stallion! That's him in my avatar. Anything you need to know about minis you can find on here. These are the best horse people in the WORLD!! Also, for bloodlines, you might want to check with Diane at Castle Rock miniatures. She is AMAZING with research. She really helped me on my little guy.

Our horses are related!!! 2 of mine have Buckeroo as a great-great grandfather too
default_smile.png

And, i might not be a color professional, but i dont think hes a true bay, from the pics he has stockings, so he might change colors, who knows!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The ligher hair on the legs is baby camo - it will shed out to black and he'll be a normal looking bay.

A "normal" bay unless the appy comes out. My (ex)stallion in the avatar goes back to Orion and while my guy doesn't look "appy" himself he threw appy foals. One has the black spots while one went snowflake. They both looked "normal" until they turned 2.

Sure looks like an appy butt he's biting in that one picture. Is that his mama? If so, he could very well varnish later on. I noticed you're from Missouri. So am I! We're in the south central part of the state. Where are you?

His mama goes back to Pepper, who was by Chianti- Appaloosa Falabella import. It's hard not to find Chianti in a Mini Appies pedigree. He was quite the guy- I am sure I have a pic of him on the reference pages on my site. There is some nice breeding on both sides.
default_smile.png
Can you contact the dam's owner for a picture or any background info? He looks bay to me with no Appaloosa characteristics.

Sure looks like an appy butt he's biting in that one picture. Is that his mama? If so, he could very well varnish later on. I noticed you're from Missouri. So am I! We're in the south central part of the state. Where are you?
=D!! I'm down by the Springfield area, 4 hours from St.louis!

His mama goes back to Pepper, who was by Chianti- Appaloosa Falabella import. It's hard not to find Chianti in a Mini Appies pedigree. He was quite the guy- I am sure I have a pic of him on the reference pages on my site. There is some nice breeding on both sides.
default_smile.png
Can you contact the dam's owner for a picture or any background info? He looks bay to me with no Appaloosa characteristics.
I actually work for the lady who owns his mamma! She is a buckskin, she's 8?? I think not sure. She was also from Bear farms miniatures. She was never shown. Not sure what else you want, but I can try and get better pictures tomorrow for you!

2012 Colt - G. Obsession x Silver Extravagance.JPG2012 Colt - G. Obsession x Silver Extravagance.JPGCan any one tell me if he's going to stay a silver dapple his mama is and his dad is a palamino. I'm getting him from alameda farms in Texas. He is sired by AF GOLD OBSESSION - son of Wittmaaks Mickey Mouse who is a son of the famous GOLD MELODY BOY. Obsession's dam is a flashy black and white overo.

The colt is out of one of my best mares, AF SILVER ELEGANCE, who is sired by Wittmaaks Mickey Mouse and out of Winks Excellence, a Top Ten producer. I'm hoping he will produce some app coloring in his foals

app crazy, your colt will never be palomino if that is what you are asking. Yes, I would say he is a silver dapple. (aka silver black)

app crazy-he is a silver black (silver dapple) and will not change. He does not look to have any appy characteristics....are his sire or dam appaloosa? With their pedigree I'm guessing probably not, which means your cute little guy can not produce an appaloosa unless the mare is an appaloosa (so she would be passing on any appy genes).

Latest posts

Back