Bloodlines for High Knee Action

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maple Hollow Farm

Reaction score
I really would like to find a mare that I can show single pleasure driving that has really great action and a pretty head. Are there any specific bloodlines that you guys would recommend looking at for those animated movers. I wont be able to buy one for a while but I want to start researching and looking for that perfect horse! O and they would have to be bloodlines that stay under 38" too since I have all minis and dont want an only ASPC horse. Thanks a bunch!

Last edited by a moderator:
I really would like to find a mare that I can show single pleasure driving that has really great action and a pretty head. Are there any specific bloodlines that you guys would recommend looking at for those animated movers. I wont be able to buy one for a while but I want to start researching and looking for that perfect horse! O and they would have to be bloodlines that stay under 38" too since I have all minis and dont want an only ASPC horse. Thanks a bunch!

Mountain Meadows has a stallion, Baylee, who is an incredible mover, check him out on their website. Aloha Acres horses seem to move well too. But I'm really new to the AMHR/AMHA horses so this is an uninformed opinion.

Thanks Mimi
default_wub.png
- I will be sure to let Baylee know that he has another fan - he is such a big ham that it will add about 2" to his springy little steps.

Stac

Lutes' Komo Dandy, and his son Lutes' Komo BJ. Both have incredible action and both were National Champion Park and Viceroy winners.

I have a daughter of BJ:

IMAG017.JPG
This is just a pasture shot.

BJ is now owned by Jana Nichols of Double Diamond and Sherry at Short View Stables.

Komo is owned by Cammie Cavanaugh of Westwind Farms in Michigan

Both are under 34"

You might look at some of the Michigan horses. Taylor Pony Farm. They have a sale every Spring where they sell a lot of horses. Especially the Hartbreaker line. I bought a yearling filly last year of his that I hope to have be my driving horse next year. Heartbreaker is now hardshipped in to AMHR.

The first breeder I think of when I think of under driving horses--especially here in the Midwest--is Century Farms, which is coincidentally also the breeder of Baylee. Alison's lead stallion--Bill Bailey--has produced a whole slew of successful halter and driving horses. I think just in 2009 he had three sons take top honors in driving classes at both the Worlds and the Nationals. Even the tiny son that we acquired last year has wonderful movement. You should check out their site.

As soon as I posted I thought of another one! Every year when Buckeye WCF posts their foals here on the forum, I'm really impressed by how pretty and pretty-moving they are.

SRF - The Slobody's if your wanting A/R horses that move like none other with unlimited driving potential....

Yeah, shame on me for not mentioning the CLR horses. They are AWESOME. I actually own two of them. One of which hasn't been shown yet. The other one CLRs Cruisin went National Grand Champion Pleasure Driving horse this year at Nationals. He is only a 3 year old. And on top of all the motion that he has, he also has an unbelievably sweet temperment. He's just a sweetheart, but when you hook his check, he knows what the job is he is supposed to be doing!!!!

I had misread your post, I thought you said you did not want an ASPC horse. I'd like to amend my post to add the Taylor's horses.

To Maple Hollow, I think you'd have to pry Baylee out of Stacy's cold dead hands. lol

I second those Century Farm horses!!! I happen to own a Bill Bailey son and he is one incredible horse himself. Only thing he is missing out on is the color. Standing at only 29.5 inches he is one little perfect package.

Well, I'd have to add Buckeroo and Little King Farm. Here is a Buckeroo grandson, Little Kings Brumby Buck, all of 32" that has been AMHA Single Fine Harness (Viceroy) World Champion or Reserve the past three years, with three different trainers.

WR-Brumby-2008-World-Drivin.jpg

Yes, we in Minnesota would also like to not only second, third, and fourth, the recommendation of Baylee.... but list him back in First Place.... we are getting verrrry close to having our own little Baylee hit the ground running...
default_wub.png
Thanks Stacy
default_saludando.gif

Riverdance Farms here on the forum has some pretty nice-looking horses!
default_wub.png
Mountain Meadows and I believe Oak Bay Acres (with Grosshill Dandy's Special Edition) also produce some lovely Single Pleasure competitors.

Leia

Another Baylee lover!!! My little Baylee Boy is one heck of a mover, one of the best. And the best part is, he passed it on to his daughter!

Alladdin, son of Baylee:

evergreen5.jpg

AlladdinDrive-030.jpg

his daughter, Fantasia:

3mo-trot.jpg

3mo-trot3.jpg

I also have some daughters and a son of Sundance LB Troubadour that are outstanding movers. ASPC/AMHR.

warmup3.jpg

gaia_trot080109.jpg

colors041108.jpg

Here is one of my CLR boys. This is CLRs Crusin. He is a 3 year old in this picture. Nationals 2009.

cruisin.png

cruisin1.png

The other one we own hasn't been shown yet.

Drew McDannald started his driving training.

John Rimmer had him in training last summer.

Thanks guys I have in one day found like ten horses I would love to have but cant get LOL! Now I just have to wait until I can actually buy something. I have a good idea now of what I kind of want but I just hope those horses are still available later in the year! Hopefully my fiance doesnt look at this or he might get worried LOL, he is the one who wont let me buy another horse right now, he said I have to sell something to buy something...he hasnt figured out the collecting part of this yet
default_laugh.png
! Although I do have 20 horses already so he might have a point!

20!? Wow, I have to show that to my hubby. He's ribbing me about buying ONE! Of course he knows that my sanity (and thereby his) depend on having a horse in our lives, but he's drawing the line at one. lol

Latest posts

Back