Blood pregnancy test result help!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZuZuPetals

Reaction score
Attached are her results I got today. My vet wasn’t in until Monday but his receptionist with no medical training said it does not necessarily confirm pregnancy and she would have him call me Monday. Ummm I’m confused I’m estimating her to be 68 ish days.

Attachments

• 0B36401F-80FD-4FEB-A45F-434BC9D6B59A.jpeg
    0B36401F-80FD-4FEB-A45F-434BC9D6B59A.jpeg
    122.2 KB · Views: 29
I’ll be interested to see why others say, but I’m pretty sure they have to be further along for blood tests to be accurate. That’s probably why it says it’s not consistent with equine pregnancy over 80 days. My vet said they need to be a minimum of 90 days…🤷🏻‍♀️

I was told by my friend who is a vet assistant its best to wait for 90 days for a more accurate blood test. We do a urine test on our minis cause it takes a while around where I live to do the blood test and to wait for results.

I’ll be interested to see why others say, but I’m pretty sure they have to be further along for blood tests to be accurate. That’s probably why it says it’s not consistent with equine pregnancy over 80 days. My vet said they need to be a minimum of 90 days…🤷🏻‍♀️
To me it appears to say it’s consistent with pregnancy in a mare under 80 days and it says positive for active luteal tissue?! My other mare was tested too and she was a clear negative I’m going to upload it for comparison

Attachments

• 73BE349A-363B-45E0-9B81-0E3E3B22B770.jpeg
    73BE349A-363B-45E0-9B81-0E3E3B22B770.jpeg
    116.4 KB · Views: 12
I was told by my friend who is a vet assistant its best to wait for 90 days for a more accurate blood test. We do a urine test on our minis cause it takes a while around where I live to do the blood test and to wait for results.
What urine test are you using?

What urine test are you using?
It's just a pregnancy test for horses. You can get it from vet supply online or ebay. You just have to be there when they urinate and syringe up their urine. Then there is a vile you syringe the urine into to test it. By the color it changes to tells you if they are bred. Different colors tell you what stage there in. If color doesn't change test is negative..

It's just a pregnancy test for horses. You can get it from vet supply online or ebay. You just have to be there when they urinate and syringe up their urine. Then there is a vile you syringe the urine into to test it. By the color it changes to tells you if they are bred. Different colors tell you what stage there in. If color doesn't change test is negative..
Oh ok weefoal right?! Thank you!

To me it appears to say it’s consistent with pregnancy in a mare under 80 days and it says positive for active luteal tissue?! My other mare was tested too and she was a clear negative I’m going to upload it for comparison

I see it say it’s not consistent with an equine pregnancy over 80 days.

No, it's just called pregnancy test for horses. You can Google it. Weefoal is something different and doesn't have great reviews.

I will say the weefoal 120 tests are actually incredibly accurate. Every single one has been correct that I’ve used as well as my breeder friends. The website says they are 97-98% accurate. There is a weefoal 32 I think that is not as accurate. Not sure what urine test you are using but there is another that is super cheap and we’ve had very poor success with, said my friends stallion was late term in foal 😂.

Last edited:

I will say the weefoal 120 tests are actually incredibly accurate. Every single one has been correct that I’ve used as well as my breeder friends. There is a weefoal 32 I think that is not as accurate. Not sure what urine test you are using but there is another that is super cheap and we’ve had very poor success with, said my friends stallion was late term in foal 😂.
It might be the weefoal 32 that I have heard bad things about then. We never used the weefoal because of other breeders that didn't like it. The picture below is what I use. It was pretty accurate for us. Screenshot_20210717-202559_Chrome.jpg

SHE WAS 59 DAYS WHEN THEY RAN THE TEST SO UNDER 80 AND POSITIVE FOR THE PRESENCE OF ACTIVE LUTEAL TISSUE. Look at the other test I posted that is a clear negative

I will say the weefoal 120 tests are actually incredibly accurate. Every single one has been correct that I’ve used as well as my breeder friends. The website says they are 97-98% accurate. There is a weefoal 32 I think that is not as accurate. Not sure what urine test you are using but there is another that is super cheap and we’ve had very poor success with, said my friends stallion was late term in foal 😂.

I understand what you are saying. She MAY be in foal but estrogen blood tests are only accurate after 90 days. I’ve only heard of the estrogen tests being very accurate. This link explains it well. It’s very possible that both, neither, or one are in foal. I would suggest waiting till they are further along and testing again for more accurate results. Just trying to help. Equine Female Reproductive Testing

I understand what you are saying. She MAY be in foal but estrogen blood tests are only accurate after 90 days. I’ve only heard of the estrogen tests being very accurate. This link explains it well. It’s very possible that both, neither, or one are in foal. I would suggest waiting till they are further along and testing again for more accurate results. Just trying to help. Equine Female Reproductive Testing
Oh my gosh ok I see! So you’re saying either of my mares could be pregnant or not I literally can not rely on a test at this stage OMG how annoying that my vet wasted $260 total -__-
Thank you!

Ok so it seems from what I’ve read that my mare with the very low progesterone of 0.44 ng/ml probably has no chance of being pregnant since that level is not able to support pregnancy so maybe a hard no like hers is a no regardless, the other mare being up in the air still?!! Any opinions on that or does that sound about right?

Okay so basically from my experience, the estrogen test is the most accurate. It’s actually the only blood test my vet will even do. It’s the most reliable hormone. It wouldn’t be surprising if the one mare was in foal and the other not. But I wouldn’t rule either in or out until you had a test done when they are further along.

Im sorry your vet wasted your money. He/she should have definitely known that they need to be 90+ days :(
Thank you and yes what was he thinking. Also I came home yesterday to my fence knocked down in between my mini mares and gelding & my two stallions, they were all together :O it’s non stop crazies lately.

Latest posts

Back