Blind Stallion

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt73

Reaction score
Thought some of you might be interested in watching this beautiful Knabstruper stallion being ridden. He's completely blind....

Thanks Matt, that was great. You can see how the love and trust each other. Made me cry.
default_aktion033.gif

That was wonderful. Even with him blind, I saw his feelings there in the beginning. Initially he was worried, but after she reassured him, his eye and expression relaxed.
default_wub.png

Brings back memories of me and my first arabian, Pasos Flame, who I had 12 years, 9 of them she was completely blind. I rode her everywhere and she trusted me completely. People could not believe she was blind by the way she went but once they saw her eyes they knew she was blind. Enclosed is a photo of her in 1998, yes she was blind here as well.

Pasos.jpg

That is incredible! Such a beautiful horse!

I owned an Appaloosa gelding that was blind in one eye (injury) when I bought him and he was my All Around show horse. He did English Hunt Seat and Western (he also did saddleseat, but I never did that with him), did trail and showmanship as well. We won many, many ribbons together and even an All Around Championship. We also went on many trail rides together. He trusted me to be his eye (on his blind side). About 3 years after I bought him, I realized he had gone blind in his other eye (moonblindness) and I retired him from the ring and let him be a pasture pet (he was 21, so it wasn't like he still had a lot of years left). He deserved to be retired. He adapted well in his surroundings and knew where to find the water and his stall and knew the fencelines. I loved that horse!
default_wub.png
He died when he was 23.
default_sad.png

Beautiful and so trusting.. you can see the love they have for each other. Geez Matt, thanks for making me cry!

Latest posts

Back