Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blazingstarranch

Reaction score
Well I'm finally getting around to creating a post for our 2013 foals.

First up, we have Blazing Stars Black Velvet. She was born April 19, and measured 23 inches tall with 8.25 inch cannon bones. We believe she will mature around 33 inches. She is lovely and mischievious, and loves attention!

DSCF5291.JPGDSCN0272.JPG

Next we have Blazing Stars Chantilly Lace. Lacey was born April 20th, and measured a tiny 19.5 inches with 7 inch cannon bones. She should finish out at 30 inches or so. Lacey is a perky little girl, very inquisitive and built like a tiny little tank with beautiful muscling.

DSCF5280.JPGDSCF5274.JPG

Here is a video of Lacey and her favorite feline friend:

Last edited by a moderator:
Next up is Lady, our Sid's Rebel and Del Teras Snowman mare. She has been progressing nicely, and her due date is around May 19th. That puts her at about 314 days gestation right now. She has a very nice milk bar, and milk is easily expressed. The milk tested at 7.8 this morning, and 7.3 just now. Her tailhead area is very relaxed. We are watching her VERY closely. New pics soon!

Yes, please. We'd love to see the upcoming momma's and the dad(s) !

Ok here's Lady this morning:

DSCF5357.JPGDSCF5362.JPG

Here is Trixie, our last mare of the season. She's a 30 inch silver dapple pinto. We bought her after she was bred, stallion is unknown:

DSCF5342.JPG

And here is our stallion, Running Creek's Royal Destiny.

15114_430512490346768_1900739143_n.jpg

Hello all! Update on Lady-she's been grumpy and irritable since last night. After watching her on the cam, I decided to check on her. At 6:30pm her milk tested at higher than 8.4, and was clear. But by 2:30 am her milk is sticky, creamy with a yellow tint and testing at 6.4! I've been watching her ever since and right now, she is racing around her stall, pawing, yawning, biting her sides and pinning her ears while tossing her head. She's been doing this for about 4 hours. With a lot of luck and prayers, we just may have a new foal today!

Praying for the safe delivery of a healthy little one! I expect to be reading an announcement soon!
default_thumbup.gif

We are thrilled to say that Lady gave birth to a very healthy filly this evening. The birth went quickly and easily, and baby hopped up and walked off right away. She even bucked within a minute of standing! Mom is doing well, and they are bonding. My friend's son got to name this one, and her name is Jana. She is almost two weeks early and all legs lol. Can anyone offer an opinion on what her color is? She has a lot of brown in her coat, especially her face. She has 8 inch cannon bones so will be taller. Now I can go get some sleep tonight!!! Yay!!! Lol.

DSCF5460.JPGDSCF5440.JPGDSCF5465.JPG

And here are the other girls getting a bit of exercise yesterday.

DSCF5411.JPG

I'm so excited to hear what you guys think of Jana and her color!!!!

Sorry, no idea about the colour, so it's just MANY CONGRATULATIONS!! Well done Lady!!
default_thumbup.gif
default_thumbup.gif

Love that last picture - so sweet.
default_yes.gif

Huge congrats on your FILLY!! Have no idea on the color as our filly about the same size is clearly black (and white). What are the colors of sire and dam??

CONGRATULATIONS
default_new_multi.gif
default_488.gif
on the safe arrival of your gorgeous new filly, I think she will be dark like daddy BWDIK
default_new_rofl.gif

Could do better with dry pictures for color, what color is she inside her ears?

With daddy black, momma a palomino, a lot will depend on if momma threw her cream gene. If so, you could have a smokey black or even a dark buckskin, or if no cream gene -- even a solid black or a bay. But with bay I would have expected lighter colored legs. With the brownish showing, I'm thinking perhaps a dark foal coat hiding a buckskin or a smokey black.

CONGRATULATIONS ON A LITTLE BEAUTY!!! Can't wait for more pictures!

Latest posts

Back