Biting, kids and warnings.........

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firefall

Reaction score
I was thinking about posting a warning sign about fingers being bitten. But I also have been told that its like Beware of dog signs, its admiting guilt? Hubbys not sure I should do it but I get a lot of looky lou's when I'm not around since our business is also here at home (in our shop) which is by the horses paddock.

Do you guys post warnings?

Thanks a bunch!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
sorry the topic title had me picturing a sign that read....

Warning biting children
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

We posted a sign that the zoos use in their petting farms at the farm I worked at........

It was more of a please don't feed the animals with a leaning to not put fingers in pens

Well, if nothing else -- at least you've posted a warning so no one can come back at you incase something DOES happen.

MA

Mine are taught not to bite early on, but if yours get seen frequently by people that you dont know, and cant control whether or not they stick their hands in their pens, then it might be a good idea to post some sign as a precaution to unwary people.. If you dont want to give the wrong impression you can always say : Be careful: horses may think your fingers are carrots...
laugh.gif

[SIZE=14pt]My mini only bites when i am not around!!Cheaky lil guy!!Cant brake him oif habit so I will be posting sighns eventualy!![/SIZE]

I've seen signs that say "Please do not feed fingers to horses". Kind of cute, but should also get the point across.

I have BEWARE OF DANGEROUS DOGS signs all over the place for all the good it does and some people are just ignorant and ignore them and end up getting attacked. They just don't get it. I'm going to end up fencing the front and adding yet another locked gate because I just don't like unscheduled drop ins and looky loos anymore and that's one of the reasons why. I'll be darned that I'm going to be held responsible for people that I don't even know.

We have a boarding barn. and while most people that come around are knowledgable, we do get ther odd friend that tags along who has no idea what they are doing. We have a sign at the front of the barn by the entrance way that says "Please don't feed fingers to the horses" It gets noticed by pretty much everyone, and puts a humourous twist on the warning. Visitors often have a good laugh, and its gets the message across!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Get an equine liabilty sign for your state and post it on the fence that way it protects you from EVERYONE that steps foot on your property.

Our signs say PLEASE DO NOT FEED YOUR FINGERS TO OUR HORSES....if someone stops by with children we are glad to help toss some hay or treats into feed pans, but the second someone disobeys the directive they are in the car or on the front porch waiting for mom and dad...too much to lose and too many sue happy people
sad.gif
( They play nice or else! Even our own 2 yr old grandson <who now has a baby brother
biggrin.gif
> knows not to put his fingers any where near the mouth of any critter..I think city kids have a harder time understand why....

Latest posts

Back