Bit Sizing

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crponies

Reaction score
How do you figure out for sure the right size bit to get? Do any of you have something to use for sizing? I want to order a French link bit for my ponies and want to make sure I order the right size.

I use an unsharpened pencil and set it in the bars where the bit would be then use a marker or something to mark the other end, the measure it.
default_yes.gif

That sounds simple and cheap. Good idea! I found the directions to make this bit sizer and it sounded complicated and too big. There is a bit sizer you can buy for about $20. So, I didn't like either of those options. A pencil though, I think I can handle that one.
default_biggrin.png

You can use a string and go from one side of the mouth where the bar would sit and put it across to the other side. Then measure against a tape measure.

The pencil is your best bet! Stick it in the horses mouth with the eraser on the end sticking out, mark the other side with a marker and add 1/4 inch to the measurement. If you get an inbetween measurement go up to the next size not down.

Latest posts

Back