Birth at Erica's - Wild Thunder !

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Epona Stable Belgium

Reaction score
Had no time to make a topic first, it has been so fast!!!

Great job to mum and owner!!!!

Scroll down for the pictures
default_aktion033.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh!!!!!!!

I've been up but hadn't had the camera's on (duh!!!!!!).

Actually, I sent Erica an email or two oblivious to what she was up to on live "tv"!

Congratulations, Erica!!!!! I'm sorry I missed seeing this one come into the world and cannot wait for details and pictures!!!

No panic, I took snapshots, it is for me my first birth that I finally see on marestare, i'm loading the pictures and then post them, I sent already the pictures to Erica, I hope she gets them?

I'm sure she will get them and appreciate you sending them
default_wub.png

Maybe keep watching!!!

I just talked to Erica and she may have another trick up her sleeve!!!! Maybe another mare going to have a baby SOON
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Here they are!!!!

I don't know if its a colt or a filly, I suppose that Erica will let us know that!

24813971.jpg

24814005.jpg

24814096.jpg

24814330.jpg

24814392.jpg

24814435.jpg

24814489.jpg

24814672.jpg

24814732.jpg

24814818.jpg

24814874.jpg

24815079.jpg

Jill, do you now if she had my mail?? I hope it got trough!

I can't wait to know what it is ...
default_biggrin.png
default_wub.png

I didn't ask her... I'm not sure if it goes to her phone, or her computer, or both, but I know she's been in the barn not to the computer yet (but messages may go to her phone, too, not sure).

She said Wild Thunder foaled standing up and it is neat to see the pictures of that!!!!!!!! We think one of our mares here may have. She got up and down and we ran back to the barn and by the time we got there (less than one minute), the foal was out and we suspect she never laid out but had him standing, too!

And... Looks like Wild Thunder's baby is already nursing by itself
default_smile.png
:)
default_smile.png

I just took a quick look, he/She is thursty!!

She is still in her stable I saw her arm passing by!

will check later for an answer!

Wild Thunder did this last year, but finally DID lay down.......not this year

It's a perlino pinto filly, Wild Thunder must be a gentic smokey black (her dam is buckskin so she carries dilute, but I never had her tested) Bandito the fillies sire is a buckskin pinto. She could possibly be palomino, but at this time eyes are SKY blue, and pink skin all over.

OK, sorry about the quad and all the words on it, I'll see about fixing that on next trip to the barn, it's new and I don't know how to use it
default_wacko.png
as lightning got two of my switcher boxes

onto what Jill said about the possiblity of another one.......

On Channel 2 (top right) is a mare that is owned by some friends of mine, she's lived here for two years, as they are showing modern shetlands now, and no nice mini stallion to bred her to, so she boards and breds and foaled out last year here as well......She's a heck of a hard keeper of a mare, and while she doesn't look big, she's got a little baby belly for her normal weight.

Reason she is up in that foaling stall, is she was up in a stall across the aisle as I put her in to eat at night away from the other mares, after Wild Thunder foaled, after placenta passed, cord cut, hay down ext.......I went out to get the fork, walked by Tori's stall and hear water (like peeing sound)........turned on the lights in her stall and she was laying down and yes fluid had come out of her; I could have SWORE whitish like anomitic fluid, but it's early am as well and maybe she's just being silly and pee'd laying down, I don't know. I switched her across the ailse to the foaling/camera stalls and thought ya she'll get down and do something but nothing.......She's not dilated enough for me to go in and check; but nothing when I look inside; and she's not contracting at all, cares more about eating hay.......so While I want the cam to stay on Wild Thunder to watch her with cramps, I want it on Tori as well to see if something happens at all....so we wait.

I cannot wait to see more of her, Erica!!! You know I have a soft spot for Bandito pinkies
default_biggrin.png
default_wub.png
default_biggrin.png

And seems like "your" other girl is laying down but not flat... oh like you don't have a better view than we do... but maybe she's gonna do something?

Ohhhhhhh sure put the post on the picture forum................. :DOH! That's not fair to us sleep deprived people!!

That was neat to watch!!! And I just saw you in there loving on her -- I don't blame you a bit
love0034.gif
She looks like a little character already
love0075.gif

AHHH darnit! I have never seen a birth so was upset when it ended before she was born
default_sad.png
Can someone explain to me what Erica is doing? I don't know anything about this process and am interested in learning. Is she pulling or just guiding? Maybe we can start an educational thread at some point on the birthing process with pictures and videos
default_yes.gif

Congrats on your new baby
default_wink.png

Oh that is one of my favorite mares at Ericas! I love her pictures.
default_wub.png

Great video, I saw it already, sorry I just couldn't help you by making snapshots!!

Congratulations!!!!!

What will be her name?

No name picked out for her yet, but maybe soon. She's a tiny refined little thing for sure....and definelty looks perlino pinto to me all dried off.

Latest posts

Back