Biggies

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JewelsOK

Reaction score
Here are our "biggies":

This is Sheba, she is a registered paint, but breeding stock only since she is solid (both her babies were black & white overos). She is 10 years old and about 15.1hh. She is the horse my 13 year old rides regularly.

photo-3.jpg

This is Lacey, she is a registered paint and is 5 years old and also about 15-15.1hh. We bought her to show, but shortly thereafter she injured her shoulder so her future is uncertain at this time, but we are hopeful. She is on 90 days pasture rest for healing right now. (yes, my daughter realizes that her heels are not down in the picuture, but they were once she entered the arena and she won 1st!)

EnglishFair08.jpg

Here is one of Sheba and our mini, Image with my 13 year old and 9 year old.

photo-2.jpg

I'd love to see pictures of you big horses!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I had 5 biggies but sold one for sure and have a second sale pending she passes her vet check. Here are my biggies:

This is my 10 year old arabian mare, SPH Phancyphire, ridden by 13 year old Antonina.

PhancyAntonina.jpg

This is my 9 year old arabian mare, Contessa Angelina. Ridden by 20 year old Adam.

AdamAngel.jpg

This is my husbands 5 year old arabian mare, SPH Sameera Sunnphire ridden in all 3 pictures by 20 year old Adam.

AdamSameera.jpg

AdamandSam.jpg

SamAdamedit.jpg

This is a group photo of all 3 arabians above plus the arabian mare, SPH Phancy Melody, who is sale pending. She is the chestnut arabian mare.

arabs.jpg

Here is one of my fathers Tennessee Walking Horse mares, the big horses are more dads things. She has put on a ton of weight since we bought her, still a work in process but she was so underweight when she came here in the spring. He recently sold her full brother, he was a really nice boy, i liked him allot.

Miss Melody

0xds34.jpg

0xd932.jpg

0X1.jpg

0X7.jpg

Here's our biggies:

My first horse, pintaloosa mare Sugar (not sure why I named her Sugar as she's FAR from sweet, typical moody mare! lol
default_laugh.png
) (She's on the left)

100_0768.jpg

The other guy in the above picture and below is my big hunk
default_wub.png
AQHA Zippos Rowdy Rodder, sired by IMA Flashy Hotrod (full brother to Radical Rodder), making my guy a grandson of Hotrodder's Jet Set.. His dam is a grand daughter of the great Zippo Pine Bar
default_wub.png
My guy is huge, not sure how tall he is now, need to measure him, but while he's huge he is the biggest baby/love bug ever.. He loves to give hugs, wrap your arms around his neck and he'll set his head/neck down over your shoulder
default_smile.png
He was green broke to ride but with me being away at college I was bad and let his training slip
default_sad.png
but now that I'm working and making decent money I plan to have it picked back up hopefully this spring
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif

100_0772.jpg

Gotta love the big QH booty

100_0716.jpg

100_0710.jpg

100_0708.jpg

This is my sister's old man Paco, recently aged 20+ and still going strong except for a little arthritis in a front leg, but still rideable.. I tease my sister we should have called him Tank as he's a big boy, you can tell he's a heavy muscled boy and I bet back in his glory days he looked like a body builder
default_wink.png

100_0771.jpg

All three:

100_0767.jpg

This is my son and his girlfriend with our two Quarter Horses. The buckskin is Chase and the bay is Skippy.

http://s540.photobucket.com/albums/gg328/d...th_scan0023.jpg

This is my son, Billy and Chase.

http://s540.photobucket.com/albums/gg328/d...th_scan0022.jpg

This is Callie, his girlfriend and Skippy.

http://s540.photobucket.com/albums/gg328/d...th_scan0029.jpg

This is Billy and our very first Quarter Horse. She was the very first horse owned and was our "been there, done that" horse that taught us what showing was all about.

http://s540.photobucket.com/albums/gg328/d...th_scan0025.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Can someone tell me how to resize my pictures? Am new to this posting pictures and trying to learn how to do it all.

I only have a biggy, but I have always been interested in minis because my friend (New Mini Owner) has two. So here is my APHA 9 year old paint gelding (former herd stallion who was only gelded 4 months ago!) He is my first horse. I have ridden english my whole life and Comanche is a western horse. I hope in the spring to have him trained in english. So here he is my "biggy" Comanche...

default_wub.png

ComancheandOther101.jpg

me_and_manchers.jpg

And this is our first time jumping
default_smile.png
(I know my position is really bad and I am in a dressage saddle, but we are both learning)

ComancheandOther116.jpg

I have 2 Biggies
default_smile.png

This is our MFT X QH Filly

Genesis

2005 Dappled Buckskin

Genie3yo.JPG

& this is our APHA Filly Creams Foxy Lady
default_wub.png

2005 Dappled Palomino Tobiano

I really need to get new Pics of her!
default_laugh.png

FoxyRide08.JPG

Here are a few pictures of our biggies. We breed and show Percherons also.

The first one is of our National Champion Gelding at a show.

pictures680.jpg

This one is at a plow days having fun.

pictures376.jpg

This one is one of our momma's and her 3 days old filly.

pictures243.jpg

This is of one of our foals right after he stood, it is at 3 in the morning so I look a little tired.

pictures738.jpg

And this was in a cart class.

showweb1.jpg

This is my big mule (16hh) Cleo. She's only green broke but so far is willing to do anything I ask of her.

cleo02.jpg

This is Stardust, a registered paint mare, 15.3hh. She's the sweetest bombproof girl.

stardust03.jpg

Cheval is an Pintabian but she isn't registered. Non-horsey hubby fell in love with her and the feeling seemed to be mutual so we bought her.

cheval.jpg

You wanted to see BIG horses? I love the percherons above, here's my clydesdale, Bailey, with his mini and pony friends:

344237894.jpg

Jayne

You all have beautiful horses...we used to raise paint horses but are down to only five left.

Otis was our APHA and PtHA stallion but he was gelded for my sister to show and has done very well. (hopefully she never will see that I posted this picture she is trying to get me to take it off the website
default_unsure.png
, but I like it cuz its cute!)

IMAG002.JPG

This is my APHA mare Ruby, she was born in 1999 and her dad is Otis. She was being broke to ride really well and I broke her myself and then my parents sent her to a trainer to be finished and I dont know what they did to her but when she got back she was a freak and didnt trust anyone. She is getting better but it is taking a while.

IMAG002.JPG

My mare that I can actually ride now is Sophie and she is APHA and PtHA and I have only shown her at one show so far and she got 2nd place out of 9 horses in her english class.

IMAG016.JPG

We also have a broodmare Scribbles and her 2004 gelding but I dont have pictures of them yet.

My joke is that my "big" horse is about 14.3 - but a perfect size for me. He is Target, a 23 year old Pinto gelding who the farm is named after. He has had 2 colic surgeries in 1998 and 2001 that removed a total of 30 feet (that's half!) of his small intestines and left him with a pretty poor prognosis. But he went back to the show ring after the surgeries and completed his Amateur Pinto Championship in 2003, the same year we moved him home. He is turned out 24/7 which I think contributes to his longevity. This was taken after his second surgery. He was shown Western, English, and dressage and is pretty much retired now. He loves all the minis from his side of the fence.

Target_SFEC1.jpg

Our QH mare Surprise.... used to show her years ago. She hasn't been ridden in almost 10 years. Living the good life now at 20 years old.

DSC00732.jpg

And our 4 year old QH gelding The Last Captive son, Last Detail grandson on sires side and Mr. Moxie Man on the dams side. He's about 16.2 now(his sire is 16.3). Moxie is an unbelievable mover. I have wanted a Last Captive baby for a long time. Found Moxie on Dream horse and bought him when he was a yearling. He hasn't been trained under saddle yet, but it's a dream of mine.

Moxie5.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Wow, we certainly have a variety of horses here on the forum! I didn't have a favorite (love them all!) until I saw this lovely lady...
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
[/SIZE]

Roxy, my standardbred/belgan mare. She is about 9 years old and rides and drives.
Goose2005.jpg

We have sold all our full size horses

but here are some pics of back then (3 yrs ago)

My spotted saddlebred who rides and drives

Redman

DSCF0014.jpg

scan0007.jpg

my husbands palomino quarter horse

Nick

scan0003-1.jpg

Nick, Sadi & a boarder with us

scan0004.jpg

and my Arabian

Sadi

scan0005-2.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Wow, we certainly have a variety of horses here on the forum! I didn't have a favorite (love them all!) until I saw this lovely lady...
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
[/SIZE]

Roxy, my standardbred/belgan mare. She is about 9 years old and rides and drives.
Goose2005.jpg
Awwww, thanks. I wasn't in the market for a horse when I first saw her. She was probably about a year old and a friend of mine had brought her back from a Wisconsin auction to resell. I definitely wasn't looking for a young horse, but I just had to have her when I saw her. She has turned out great. Here is one of my favorite photos of her. Her first time in blinders.

blinkers.jpg

This is our biggie Real Cash Effort "Drew":

Cassidy and Drew this past summer:

kids112.jpg

Cassidy and Drew August of 07 2 weeks after we got him:

100_0304.jpg

100_0310.jpg

100_0305-1.jpg

This is Pepper, the pony we are leasing for the winter ( she might stay with us if my instructor can find a replacement for her):posted with permission.

Their first show together 3 years ago:

IMG_1392.jpg

Their second year of showing:

100_0365.jpg

ANd this past summer at Woodstock, Ct. She didn't show much this summer because of having her tumor removed.

065.jpg

062.jpg

sorry so picture heavy.

Christy

Latest posts

Back