Big Mini turnout at Miami Co Fair Show in Kansas!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cimarron

Reaction score
We went to the Miami Co Fair Open Horse show in Paola Kansas yesterday afternoon and there were so many minis! It was great! I have been to the show many times and there were always a few but yesterday was great. There were 19 minis is the open miniature class and my horse Cloudy and I placed 6th. We also placed 3rd in a class of 6 in the mini driving class! Which pleased us cause we have just started driving in the past few months after a 8 year hiatus from it! The little girl Jessie who has been showing my horse Cloudy in 4H this year got 5th in showmanship out of a large class and best of all placed 1st in the open gelding class with big horses in a class of 11!!! Woohoo we were so excited!!!! We were so glad we went and that people have been working so hard to get Miniature classes added to the show! The only thing that needs to be addressed was the grounds! It was so rough! They had ATV rades the nite before and it nothing but alot of huge clods. My husband pushed me out in my wheelchair in our halter class and I was holding on for dear life cause I was afraid i was going to fall out!! That would have been a sight!!! Also the driving was really rough but we made it thru and had a blast! Sheila

I'm so glad you had a great time and did so well! It's always nice to see the miniature world growing!

:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: Thats great !!! glad to hear more minis are coming to local shows...congrats to you !!! :aktion033:

Shelia- your far too modest to toot your own horn so allow me to do so.
default_yes.gif
: Your two mini's were turned out and groomed to the 9's, they looked perfectly fabulous!! You've got the weight off them and that enhances the good looks already there conformationally. Like you, we've showed at that Open Fair show off and on for years but yesterdays great weather after a week of awful temps brought large and small horses out of the woodwork! The mini group was very competitive!

I agree about the arena, it was preeeetty bad. I drive in a row crop field so I'm use to poor driving conditions w/ Chubby Sam and usually, because of that, any place else we drive is an improvement. Wasn't the case down there! I think the judge used good sense in making his driving picks pretty swiftly as the clumps and deep footing made for very tough going. Did you see or hear Chubby Sam whack the cart right after they said "drive at ease" while we waited for the tack change driver? I think a horse fly or wasp may have stung him because he bucked several times, double barreled the cart basket, then went right back to trotting quietly. He has never done that before and the fact that he went right back to work makes me think it was an external problem and not his good brain. Anyway, that answered one question for me- what would I do if he bucked while being driven. :aktion033:

I did tell a friend one thing about the driving class, since I was driving w/ CDE equipment and the rest of you had on breed show light harnesses w/ no breeching, I told her "I felt like the lone Quaker attending a meeting for Hooters staffers". :bgrin

Keep up the good work!!

Leslie

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Leslie you are so funny! Thanks for the kind words, but I only had one horse there! Jessi and I were both showing Cloudy! I don't need any more silver dapples at my house! I already have 3 out of 6 horses that aresilver dapples not including my new colt Dude so I guess the scales are tipped in the right directions with him! I really love them but don't want any more!

I really think we need to talk to them about the arena conditions before next year but other than that we had a great time! I was so pleased to see all the minis!!! I forgot to ask are you driving in the parade wednesday! We are! Wish us luck! Sheila
default_smile.png

Good job, Sheila! :aktion033: It's so great when the miniatures go to all breed shows and strut their stuff!! Great advertising and promotion for our breed!!!!
default_smile.png
default_smile.png
default_smile.png

Forgot to say Leslie I didnt hear or see your horse do anything bad while driving. You and your horses looked and did great! I guess I was too busy concentrating on my horse to see much of anything else happening and holding on for dear life and hoping he didnt stumble! He did alright and even took time to reach out and grab a huge weed that was along the fence!! I was so embarressed! Cloudy is such a pig!! :lol: :lol: Sheila

Latest posts

Back