Big Belly

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjacobucci

Reaction score
I could really use some help and advice. Percy is 15, we think. I do combined driving with him and Iknow he is in really good shape. He can trot for about 10 km with no problems. He doesn't seem fat over his shoulders, neck or hip, but his belly looks pregnant. We've had him wormed plenty and even had the vet tube worm him. The vet said he doesn't have worms. How can I get rid of the belly. He does eat much, so I don't think its a hay belly. He was obese when we got him.

percybellyshot.jpg

This picture was taken awhile ago, and his belly looks just as big now as it did then. Nothing I do with feeding him or with increasing his work has made his belly smaller. Does sweating work? What else can be done to get rid of it. I'm tired of being asked if he's pregnant!

Help?

Carrie

do you have more pics?? It could be more of a conformation issue then a feed issue

I agree with Kay- more pictures please preferably with his head not towards camera- How big is he??

We adopted him, so we really have no idea on breeding or anything on him. He is the sweetest guy and will do anything, so I'd never get rid of him, besides I think he's had a hard life so far and I feel he desreves to have some comfortsin life now.

I'll try to go out and take a few more pictures than I'll tryand post them.

Thanks!

I think it may be conformation problems too. I would be very careful in driving him too much, since he is very "back at the knees". He does look like a very sweet boy.

Latest posts

Back