Biden predicts international crisis within first 6 months

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cathy_H

Reaction score
Bring in the cleaners! Need some more slick talking to get out of this one!

Why is Biden saying this? Does he know something we don't know and what is he & Obama planning?

If Biden knows this for sure then let's change the end results of the election - elect McCain!

Now who is fear mongering? Perhaps we should just sit back & watch those two hang themselves!

Talk about inept & inexperienced - Biden fits the bill! Bush is doing everything he can to get this Country back on track only to be washed away by this fear mongering! Or is this how "we're going to change the world"?

Edited to add the link to the audio - Scroll to the bottom of that page & click on link. This is 10:19 minutes into the audio.

http://embeds.blogs.foxnews.com/2008/10/20...-with-a-crisis/

SEATTLE (CNN) — Joe Biden told Democratic fundraisers Sunday night that there is no doubt in his mind a crisis will occur during Barack Obama's first six months in office that will test his mettle and force him to make unpopular decisions.

"Mark my words. It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy," said Biden to a roomful of donors. "The world is looking. We're about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America."

"Remember I said it standing here, if you don't remember anything else I said," Biden continued. "Watch, we're going to have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy.

"I promise you it will occur. As a student of history and having served with seven presidents, I guarantee you it's going happen. I can give you at least four or five scenarios from where it might originate."

The Delaware senator spoke at two Seattle fundraises Sunday night, expected to bring in $1 million for the campaign. Biden told the supporters that when Obama will need them to stand with the administration on the difficult calls — not financially, but by using their influence within their communities to convince others that the right decisions are being made.

"I promise you, you all are going to be sitting here a year from now going, 'Oh my God, why are they there in the polls, why is the polling so down, why is this thing so tough?' We're going have to make some incredibly tough decisions in the first two years," said Biden. "I'm asking you now, be prepared to stick with us. Remember the faith you had at this point because you're going to have to reinforce us."

Telling the crowd to "gird their loins" for a bumpy beginning to the next presidential term, Biden said it wouldn't be initially apparent that the correct decisions are being made because "they're not likely to be as popular as they are sound. Because if they're popular, they're probably not sound."

Fundraisers are generally closed to the media's cameras, though print journalists are usually allowed in. Biden appeared to forget Sunday night's fundraiser wasn't closed to reporters, saying, "I probably shouldn't have said all this because it dawned on me that the press is here." Moments later, he ended his remarks.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/...ill-test-obama/

Last edited by a moderator:
So Bush had been president what, 10 months, when September 11 happened? Is it unreasonable to assume that any new president will be tested in some way too?

Sorry I wanted to make sure I read what I was posting first so it took awhile to finalize.

Rudy Guiliano sp? said that Obama has some explaining to do! Why did Biden say that? Only Biden can explain. Talk about Palin not being experienced!

Who in this Country wants Biden as their president if something happens to Obama?

Seems he would push the button before he considered the consequences! WOW

Someone said that the rest of the world views Obama as being weak thus an easy target.

Perhaps they got world that Obama is going to change the world and is going to change our Country first!

Bush was tested in his first few months (9/11) but the terrorists have not been successful since. They are biding their time and waiting for a weak moment (my opinion).

Ay Yi Yi ! I can't stand it anymore
default_new_let_it_all_out.gif
Let's get this Election OVER WITH !!!!
default_frusty.gif

I think Biden is pointing out HIS experience in foreign policy.........because Obama doesn't have any. However, he may be sorry he opened his mouth because it does sound like he's not speaking very highly of his running mate. Only time will tell how his words play out.........

So Bush had been president what, 10 months, when September 11 happened? Is it unreasonable to assume that any new president will be tested in some way too?

Actually let's say 7- 7 1/2 months. He did not take office until the middle of January and 9/11 obviously happened the middle of September.
default_smile.png
And 9/11 was in the works long before Bush was elected, I'm sure.

I think Biden is pointing out HIS experience in foreign policy.........because Obama doesn't have any
..... If Biden's only experience is in foreign policy we are still in deep trouble! Don't need someone in the oval office who doesn't know when to shut up & when to speak up!

Bush is trying to get our economy back together and Biden says this!
default_no.gif
That is irresponsible! Talk about keeping people's hopes down!
default_no.gif
Folks you had better open your eyes & ears!

NOW I know why people are being told to VOTE EARLY!

Obama and Biden need your votes now - before Biden opens his mouth again! You can't change your mind!

It isn't too late to vote for McCain/Palin.

It almost sounds like Biden knows something that we don't. Maybe he should spill the beans on what he knows.

That sure didn't help Obama with the election. Its scary to say the least!

If all heck breaks loose, I sure want McCain to be President. Not someone that doesn't know what the heck he's doing. I hope Obama saved his security blanket
default_517.gif
as I am sure he'll be hiding under it sooner or later.

Vote for McCain
default_new_multi.gif

Well I've just heard all this....and WOW...either Biden really is the twit that I thought he was....or his opening mouth, inserting foot was done on purpose and I had the man all wrong....I'd sure like some answers!

Basically as I was saying here: http://www.miniaturehorsetalk.com/index.php?showtopic=100564

I think with Obama in office, we will be tested for four years by those who hate our Nation. I think a lot of things will be tried with Obama, who is inexperienced in the matters of foreign policy and defense, that would NOT be tried with McCain. Bush kept us safe from any further attacks after 9/11 and that didn't happen by talking nice to those who despise us.

. . .

To further reflect on Biden's sentiments, he also is on record as saying the following about Obama:

[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]

"I think he can be ready, but right now I don't believe he is. The presidency is not something that lends itself to on-the-job training."

Well "what if" McCain is elected and he dies, then we have Sarah Palin running the country ??!!

Last edited:
I've often wondered how hard it is for those people who ran against Obama before to say such glowing things about him now. Before the Primary Biden and Hillary couldn't find enough to criticize him about - now he's the most wonderful candidate ever. It evidently it isn't hard at all.....lying and being two-faced is evidently all just part of the political game. I guess that, in itself, should give us some idea of just how honest they all are. I just don't know how they can look at themselves in the mirror.

Jill you are/were 100% right! (I never doubt you anyhow when it comes to politics!)

Bonnie, no need to "mock" me. Palin has NO EXPERIENCE to be President. I was saying What if ? Geez
default_wacko.png

Back