BHR but a mare is a mare

• Thread starter Triggy&Blue&Daisy Too
  • Start date
Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

Triggy&Blue&Daisy Too

I had forgotten about the joys of the season and I'm not talkin' about the holidays. Daisy is in heat and my oh my what a crab! We're both PMSsy so we have been lovely company for each other today.
rolleyes.gif

I did a forum search to see if we'd discussed anything about Mare Magic and did find and old thread from last year but didn't see anything about how it actually worked by those who said they were going to try it. Mostly about pregnancy support but curious if it actually made them less grouchy.

Has anyone actually used this product on their mares for the witchies? Would value input very much from those who've actually used it. Any positive results or just a lot of hoopla about nothing? If it works for her maybe I should start taking it too
laugh.gif

OK we used it here on my friends farm for two mares and also the black as night product.......my opinion......bleckkk.....nothing didn't do squat...mares were still crabby....black horse was no blacker.....BUT it sure freed up space in the ol wallet
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Maybe your mare should follow the standard pms protocol...no caffiene, no alcohol, limit sugar (carbs), get plenty of sleep, and LOTS of chocolate
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
rolleyes.gif
wink.gif

I wish I had an answer other than spay or don't own mares....I do not care for mares for this reason....they drive me nuts and dang I am nuts enough
wacko.gif
wacko.gif

What about having one of those stainless steel(I think) balls put into her? That way her body "thinks" she is in foal, and she does not come into heat? I don't know much about it, but I vaguely remember people discussing it when talking about a way to keep from breeding dwarf mares, as an altenative to spaying.

Maybe someone who knows more about this can jump in?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats right Mona the mare IUD made of marbles.....also you can do hormones but we all know that isn't always effective otherwise you learn to live with a mare....eeegads
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Have a bratty mare that PMSs in THE worst way. Only good thing is when she is in she has more 'try' in her, she runs harder, plays harder and just is more fun when she is in. Well, other than her trying to back over anything that is just the right height
new_shocked.gif
ahem. Mares
rolleyes.gif

Yep she's practically backed over an 8 month old colt this afternoon who went absolutely berserk that she was thinking jail bait is cool.
blush.gif

Latest posts

Back