Beware of your emails

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucky seven

Reaction score
Last night I checked my emails and found 2 from this company saying that they were withdrawing over $100. for a Dish payment. I contacted Dish and they knew nothing about this and had not authorized anyone to remove these funds. I checked them out and I believe it's a scam. I'm afraid I have lost this money and can't contact them until Mon. morning. If you see any emails from them don't open just call them and tell them to stop sending you messages. This is their way of getting into your checking accounts.

How does sending an email to you give them access to your bank account? If the withdrawals did not come from Dish, the scammer would not even have your account number?

I think it's like the Target credit card problems they had around Christmas. I read about another person who received the same emails, only his were about a Lowes credit card. They were going to deduct over $100 for his "bill" only he didn't have any balance. He contacted Charge Smart and told them not to contact him again. They had his email and credit card info, just didn't know he had a zero balance. They had told him they were collecting for Lowes. With me they said Dish.

those are phishing emails, I have seen them before. If you look at the email its usually something very close to something your provider would use but with differences. There is no way they would have your bank account number unless you email them back with it or what not. I get alot of stupid ones like that through my bulk mail.

If they are scamming and have access to your account--phoning them and telling them to stop sending messages is not going to stop them from taking money out of your account!

If you make online purchases with a credit card, use one specific card for this purpose and keep only enough money in that account to cover your actual purchases. Do not back it up with overdraft protection. This way, if you are hacked, you will lose only that specific amount of money, with your other cards kept safe from internet fraud.

I changed debit cards and they still were able to take the money out. Dish is doing their own investigation and so is my bank. My daughter just called to say $80 was taken out of her checking account, and we use different banks. We both have come to the conclusion that we will no longer pay our bills with auto withdrawals. I use checks or cash only now. From now on I will take extra steps to safe guard by accounts. I didn't give them my info, we think they hacked into the ipad system that Dish uses. The first time I signed the ipad during the installation, the screen went blank so I had to sign it again. I think that's when it happened.

Latest posts

Back