Better outside pictures with new camera

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midnight star stables

Reaction score
Well it is clear that my other post was just a bit bias!
default_laugh.png
Even though it rained, I put everybody out for a little while, so that I could clean stalls and take better pictures. Still not sure if I like this camera, as I find it is rather blurry. It is a Fuji FinePix S2000 HD.

Lets start with Donovan. I think so much of this boy, he is such a sweet horse. He's really starting to grow into himself and I'm going to miss him when he sells, but with college coming, I simply don't need to leave my family with the added work.

DonTrot4small.jpg

DonTrot3small.jpg

Doncanter1small.jpg

stand1.jpg

Here is Midnight and Billy. My special old boy Midnight had a rough winter, and we have had to make changes to his diet. Both of these old guys are starting to show their age in different ways, but they still let you know they are not done yet. When we get some warmer weather that will stay, I plan to clip Midnight, as he looks so shaggy! I don't think I'll ever know a horse as well as I know Midnight, he's such a character, and I'm glad he's here. The guys are both in their late 20's.

midbil.jpg

His daily "Good morning" to neighbors Cat and Nitro:

mid.jpg

And Of course the "Girls"... Now Nitro is our beloved gelding, but he is the only horse pastured with mares, and they are his girls. He protects them from what ever it is that ales them... be it another horse, a dog, a paper bag etc.
default_laugh.png
I'll make another post for these guys later...

catstand2.jpg

catmove1.jpg

trottnitro1.jpg

bothwalk.jpg

As some of you said earlier, Joy is missing! And will be for a long time! She is currently in Pony Boot Camp with Lori Rafter of MiLo Training Center. Lori has trained 2 other horses for me and I have been thrilled with her work. Nitro, above, trained by Lori, is currently nearing his HOF in CP and Roadster driving. So Joy is learning about driving and will then be meeting with a stallion that is sired by LTD's Printz of Shredder, who is related to Magic man and Cat and dates back to Sample. Then she will be going back to Lori for more training!
default_wacko.png
But I can't be more excited to get her home - I miss her SO much! I think Lori could tell you that! She used to be the barn helper, the one to see that everything thing stays on track... Well that or making a mess
default_wink.png
Either way, I miss her terribly and Cat must be getting tired of me, treating her like the new princess. Joy is in my Avatar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very Nice pictures Desiree, Midnight and Billy look a pretty good for their age, and I really like Cat as well and Nitro looks really clean!!! Most light horses, as I recall get dirty pretty in winter, how do you keep him so clean???

For the most part, my horses like to be clean.
default_smile.png
They are inside at night in well bedded stalls, and come out in the morning clean as can be! Guess I'm lucky! Nitro's tail does get dirty, so I wrap it, as you can see ^, as does Donovan's and Joy's(they are all show horses). I also wrap Cat's because she is sensitive about being touched backed there, so I find that wrapping her tail helps to get her used to me being there.

Mind you, they always seem very dirty during show season
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, my horses are in at night to in well beeded stalls and my little geldings tail (supposed to be white) its brown with mud and manure on the bottom, its a mess until spring when I can bathe him
default_rolleyes.gif
Luckily, I dont show, yet, and when I do buy a show horse, maybe a dark bay or a black horse, something where the mud dosent show up on the tail, my horses seem to be dirty all the time, with this ice in the paddock when my horses like to gallopp, yesterday, my gelding slipped and fell in a mountain of manure
default_rolleyes.gif
he was fine tho (thank god) I really like Cat, love her color and will one day own a horse from Lisa

My horses get dirty tails too, so like I said, I wrap them
default_wink.png
I groom about once every two weeks so maybe that helps; but my guys just like to be clean. I guess I'm lucky then!

Glad your boy was fine. And yes, Lisa has some Very nice horses.
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back