Best waterproof boots?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candycar

MHT Supporter
MHT Supporter
Reaction score
I know this has been asked before but that was years ago and things change.

What are the best waterproof boots you know of? Boots that you can cross a flooded pasture with. Boots that are comfy and not too heavy all year. Boots that last more than 1 year. Boots that you can do farm work in all day.

I prefer slip/pull on mid calf styles.

I've had Muckboots and they were good for a few years. Now their quality has went down so far they are not worth the $$. I've gone through garden boots from tractor supply 3 times this year.

Are Ariat boots as good as they claim? Do they come water proof? I don't mind spending good money as long as I can get more than a few years out of them.

Help this old woman find some footwear!

As you say, things change, so I can’t speak to current quality, but years ago the Ariat boots I purchased were terrific and lasted for years.

Currently I have a pair of heavy duty rubber barn boots from Fleet Farm for wet days and a pair of Ariat Fatbaby boots for dry days that I just love for all day wear.

Since our winters are usually snowy and very cold, my upcoming footwear is a pair of Sorel calf high snowboots I’ve worn hard for the past 8 winters. Warm and tough and very waterproof.

The Noble outfitters, that I purchased from Dover saddlery, have worked pretty good for me for the past couple of years. They seem to have descent support for my back. I will admit I don’t wear them often since I live in TX I usually just wear my tennis shoes year round.😊

IMO you can NEVER go wrong with Ariat, I am a huge fan.

For the coldest winter weather I have Muck boots; otherwise I wear the Kamik or Baffin boots (rubber with wool felt liners). I always go barefoot in my boots and both these boots keep my feet warm.

In summer I just use whatever cheap boot I can pick up in Walmart. I used to buy better quality ones at the feed store but they were stiff and kind of heavy and awkward. I do have a nice shiny pair of Kamik rubber boots (summer style, no liners) but I prefer my cheap ones.

Ariat does make a “ water proof “ boot but I have never tried them. I have a pair of LaCross knee high rubber boots that I have worn for all day hunting trips and for snow days around the barn. I usually put a new set of insoles in them every fall and they’re good to go.

Latest posts

Back