Best Show Feed Plan!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baffled Basilisk

Reaction score
Hi guys! I'm getting my first registered mini and want to know your feed plans for your show minis! What kind of supplements do you use for joint care, coat shine, and other things? How often do you turn out your minis to pasture during the day and what's the best hay to feed? What's your favorite grain for an exercising mini and how much do you feed daily? If I'm missing anything that you'd like to add then feel free to tell me! I want everything to be perfect on his feed plan so he can be the healthiest little mini out there lol Thank you so much for all your wisdom and experience in advance!

I think the most important thing, regardless of what you feed, is to make sure and weigh all the food. I found if you don't then you will end up with a fat pony :)

My girl Eden gets 3lbs of timothy a day along with 1c of orchard grass pellets and a 1/2c of Safe Choice Perform. On days it is not raining she gets turnout in the outdoor arena that has a little very short grass.

My preference is to feed 2nd cutting orchard grass but where I keep my horses we currently have 2nd cutting Timothy and they have done fine on it for this year.

I'm still relatively new to minis and have taken in a lot of info from my friend on care. So far so good and we did Combined Driving competitions all Summer and some breed shows.

Latest posts

Back