best product for

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baydreamfarms

Reaction score
I was wondering what you guys use for your horses manes and tails. With the big horses we never really had to worry cuz their manes and tails never grew that long. But my new filly has the beginnings of a gorgeous mane and tail and I want to condition it and promote growth, healthy growth. I know Cowboy Magic is good stuff, used it a few times on the big guys. We also used just the mane and tail conditioner, but I'm really not that fond of it. I am gonna be getting a little tail bag for her so I can braid her tail and help it out.

But what do you guys suggest?

Not sure on mini's but one the big guys I've found that the human product Infusium works great, smells nice too! For detangling I like the Mane and Tail Detangler too, spray it on before you groom the body and by the time you do the tail the tangles come out easily
default_smile.png

I used to show arabs and we always used mane an tail. So when I got into showing minis I used is also. I love the stuff. It makes the hair grow twice as long as it normally would. I keep it on with the tail up continuously. I think it works great!

I really love the detangler just by mane and tail. Cowboy magic wonderful too.... BUT I must say recently I have been using MTG...:D Works miracles sometimes I think

Hi,

I work with friesians, and have found that Healthy Hair Care Moisturzer works the best. I dilute it a little less than what the bottle says, but it works wonders. Detangles, conditions and protects all at the same time. I also use Mane and Tail shampoo and conditioner for bathing. For promoting growth, I use Eqyss Meg-Tek Rebuilder which smells like coconut and works wonders.

Amanda

I second the healthy hair care moisturizer, that is some great stuff. Also if you have a horse that tends to have a tangled mane or tail the detangler and shine by Vetroline is GREAT. Put it in once a day for abnout a week and you can pull the tangles apart with your fingers and it puts a healthy shine to the hair.

Thanks for all the replies, so Mane and tail is a good one in mini's too. Where do you get the healthy hair care moisturizer? Is it on jeffers or country supply or more of a human hair product? I've never heard of it before. But if it works on Fresians you know it has to work
default_biggrin.png

I was thinking of getting one of the slinky style tail bags, I like the look of them. I shouldn't have any areas for her to rip it, but as with horses I know I'd better order 3 to make sure.

Hi,

You can get the Healthy Hair Care Moisturizer through Dover and I think Stateline tack. It comes in an orange concentrate form.

Amanda

Back