Best Name

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaVern

Reaction score
I think that I have come up with the best name ever. We have a yearling Puck son, (A Stable business Buck Private) that I haven't registered yet. Yesterday when we were working with him, he was being naughty. Right then it popped into my head. I will name him Private Little Detective and call him Little Dick for short. The more I thought about it the funnier it got, but Hart says that's not very nice. Don't you guys think that is a good name?

Makes me
default_laugh.png
default_biggrin.png
default_laugh.png

I find it funny and creative but I would probably have another name for kids to call him lol maybe just little d

Renee,

I absolutely love it, but I agree for a call name, perhaps "Little D" would be better (you never know who might be listening). You can say Little D outloud all you want, and think Little Dick, and no one will be the wiser, but you'll always have a grin when you think his name.
default_wink.png

I've heard some atrocious names, registered and call names for horses; so really its all up to you.

Okay we're laughing here..that little dick is going to be called a little p#@$k before you know it
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
opps don't know what my fingers were thinking.

Well now, Dick is just a short version of Richard so why should there be problem with that?
default_wink.png
I think its original and if you are uncomfortable saying it aloud you can always go with the suggestion others offered and use 'D' I know a woman (friend) who named her horse Son Of A Bay and she calls him S O B. I don't know of anyone who doesn't grin when they hear his name.

I've had a Little Dick (Dickens) and the new owners now call him Big Peter......go figure
default_aktion033.gif

I think it's quite handy to have such a nickname for a rambunctious colt. I named my colt Cascadian. A noble name, a beautiful name. I call him Cas for short. And sometimes, every now and then, he becomes Cas the A $$. (Ok, I got edited by the board! You have to use your imagination here, but it rhymes with SASS!
default_smile.png
I think little Dick is just fine, and a useful name to boot!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you show him the name will be useful for his competitors too. I can already hear people muttering, "We got beat by that Little Dick!"

Love it.... heck then you can have a theme and have a B size and name him Moby Dick..
default_laugh.png

Oh, I'm laughing about the Moby Dick, but I do see a theme coming on. Tricky Dicky - Quick Dick. It is funny how things just strike you funny sometimes. I told our daughter and she just said, "Oh, Good Grief".

Latest posts

Back