Best mare auntie ever!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleBittyBritches

Reaction score
I just had to share this..... We were out doing vaccines in the barn, so we had "extra" horses in each stall to wait their turn. We went in to get the next horse, and what do we find! Our maiden mare, Snowball nursing her 1 month old colt, and Stormy's (our other mare) 2.5 month colt. And Stormy, the other mare, was in the stall too! I guess the "grass" really is greener! Silly foals! I caught the best pic I could, we couldnt believe it!

2012-06-15 23.51.19.jpg

default_firstprize.gif
Good catch!

good to know you have a surogate mum when you need one cute pic

Too cute and what a great mom to accept both foals!

Thanks for sharing.

Those kind of mares are priceless I think! Awesome catch.

She looks so sweet!!!!
default_wub.png

I had a little black pinto mare that would nurse any and all foals in the group! They are worth their weight in gold!

You definitely have a treasure!!!

thank you everyone! She really is a great horse! And now I know why I've had to increase her feed intake again!

How cute! I would call that mare a good woman.

I noticed recently that my mare Choctaw had an extra mouth at supper time. She and her filly were already up in the corral one evening and I saw she had Faith's colt on the opposite side. Faith was still out in the pasture. I guess she was ok with letting him have a snack.
default_wink.png

Latest posts

Back