Best hair gel

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teedee

Reaction score
I am packing stuff up for Nationals... I am feeling a little overwelmed. I have yet to find a hair gel I like for those uncontrollable forelocks. What brand do you all use? And what kind of show sheen do you prefer? Come on give up your show secrets.
biggrin.gif
I have tried them all and can't really see any real difference.

Did I mention I am getting nervous, not about the show but being homesick....
wacko.gif

Tammi

Try the LA Megagel, works good for controlling those forelocks, and stray hairs on the mane. It's cheap, too, you can pick it up at Walmart or Walgreens.

Show Sheen by Absorbine. Tried other brands and feel this works the best.

Best of luck at Nationals!

One of my show friends introduced me to the Pantene gel. I can't remember the name right off but it holds like cement! It's amazing. It goes on real easy but holds forever. Then she showed me this gooey stuff that keeps the tiny little hairs you miss on the mane laying down. It is in the ethnic hair care and is a white paste looking stuff. (I'll get the names if you want them)

[SIZE=14pt]We use Dep and its the cheapest.[/SIZE]

Lyn

I dont know the name of this stuff but it comes in a red can with a silver lid about size of a copenhangen (sp) can. Anyway its at walgreens in the ethinic hair stuff. It keeps them hairs down for sure, but a pain in --- to wash out. I love showsheen get it through valley vet its like 23 bucks a gallon I know shipping but I usually order my red cell and stuff through there at the same time so its less then the taxes I would pay here.

Boy, I think I've tried them all too!

The Royal Crown is the best for those REAL problems, but like someone said, tough to wash out.

For the average frizzies I use baby oil gel. It is heavy enough to lay most hair down and still look pretty natural.

I have NEVER found any human hair styling gel to be satisfactory. For one thing it tends to dry after a while and then in some cases the water in it makes the hair CURL!
thumbdown.gif

Good luck at Nationals! If you get too lonesome (can't imagine that with all the friendly people there) come on down for a visit. About 1 hour down I-44.

Charlotte

Latest posts

Back