Best accomplishment of the year

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our biggest accomplishment was building a "mini" barn just for our little stud!! We drew the plans up and built it from the ground up just the two of us. (With a little help from TImber-grabbing the hammer out of our tools, running and bucking around the barn in approval
default_yes.gif
). I spent all day today putting a coat of primer and two coats of red paint on it. Now, just to buy the trim, prime and paint that, install and TADA! Instant Mini-barn! The big horses are jealous haha. Lil Timber Buck has "Timber's Tavern" now. I will post pics when it is all done. Here's two in progress ones.

2012-11-19_13-25-33_181.jpg

2012-11-19_14-08-22_289.jpg

2012-12-02_14-25-39_90.jpg

I love "Timber's Tavern" !!! That is so Cute!

I had one Really Amazing Accomplishment this year
default_smile.png

In 2009 I fell in Love with a Bay Pinto Weanling Colt, Well Early in 2011 I was able to buy him

and at AMHR Nationals this year he Won a National Championship in Halter!

RulerNSPic.jpg

My biggest accomplishment for 2012 was being able to go with my daughter to the 2012 AMHR Nationals and watch her face as she preparred both of her horses for their classes and to compete. Though they didn't come out with a ribbon she came out with a smile on her face each time and a hug for her horses as she knew she tried her best and they gave their all for her. I'm so proud of her! Lizzie has done many other things in 2012 to make me proud too!

Another big accomplishment for 2012 was being able to assist one of my 4H'ers with the final leg of back into the ring with his driving horse. They had, had a crash a few years earlier and with lots of works with others it came full circle for him and his horse, started with a rated show to qualifiy for Nationals, then on to 4H and making onto the State Team and then out at Natioanls (though he didn't pin, they got in the ring completed and out).

I can't pinpoint an accomplishment for myself other than I'm blessed for a WONDERFUL family and GREAT friends!

I can't wait to see what 2013 holds for us all!

My highlights of the year are as follows:

• Having a very successful (first) show season
  • Meeting so many great people who were there to help me
  • Expanding my herd of one to three
  • Grand champion (4H and Open) at the Iowa State Fair with my gelding
  • Building a fantastic barn
  • Getting a new trailer (actually has living quarters!)
  • My new puppy
    default_smile.png

• Going to Nationals...

So many things, this is just scratching the surface:)

Last edited by a moderator:
My highlights of the year included:

Successfully adopting out the last rescue mini that I had trained from a massive seizure of miniatures in my state.

Having a successful show season with all of the rescue minis that I worked with over the past few years.

Building the 4-H Miniature Horse project in my state from 5 to 60 participants.

Getting Lulu driving in the cart!

Having Lulu hardshipped into AMHA and soon AMHR to take her to more shows.

And finally, my highlight of my show season:

Having Lulu beat national level horses and trainers in open obstacle at a local non-rated miniature horse show.

I love "Timber's Tavern" !!! That is so Cute!

I had one Really Amazing Accomplishment this year
default_smile.png

In 2009 I fell in Love with a Bay Pinto Weanling Colt, Well Early in 2011 I was able to buy him

and at AMHR Nationals this year he Won a National Championship in Halter!

RulerNSPic.jpg
Thank you!!!! And congrats on a BEAUTY!

I almost didn't share 'cause I haven't accomplished much...but here goes...

Lost 20 lbs. (today) since July 20th...the goal was 12.

Fenced the property (3/4 acre)

Am constitent in walking a minimum of 3 days a week. (With all three animals--horse/dog/cat) accompanying.

Focused more on becoming who I used to be...the positive person who looks for God's good purpose and plan in all that happens in my life, even if I don't understand it right now.

What a great idea for a post! Thanks for allow me the opportunity for a small brag of my own.

This is my third year of showing in my local club show (we have 5 per year). These are not a rated shows but we do use judges that do judge at rated shows. We use AMHR rules. I have come pretty far even in this short time. The first show, we ended up having our horses on the wrong side when we went into the ring (my daughter was helping by showing the other yearling mare). Last year, my silver bay went up against the same 2 yr old mare and we won each show. She even won a Reserve Champion Mare ribbon last year. I was beyond thrilled that day.

This year, we moved into the "big girl" class of senior mares. Each show routinely had between 7 and 9 mares total in the class. I was again showing my silver bay and another 3 yr old black and white pinto. A friend showed my silver bay while I showed the black and white girl. We did okay but never took first in the class. My silver bay placed 2nd two or three times and won another Reserve Champion Mare ribbon. My b/w pinto placed as high as 3rd but placed 3 out of the 4 times I showed her "in the ribbons".

In the end, my 2 horses placed 2 and 4th overall for the year and were eligible for end-of-year awards, including my first "big trophy" which I must admit I was as tickled about as any 5 yr old little girl. LOL!

Next year, my goal is to improve my silver bay's chances in the ring by putting more time into training her. I want to win a Grand Champion Mare ribbon
default_smile.png

Not a mini, but you didn't specify.I can not ask for a better horse related end to the year. Many of you know that in January I was devestated when my Gypsy Vanner had a sudden eye injury and had to immediately have her eye removed. I was shattered. Fast forward, she recovered better than I could have imagined, coped with it beyond any expectations I had, and even managed to stay on schedule for her late spring early summer training. I have been riding her for several months now. She is amazing, an angel with the kids, wonderful with beginners, a joy to ride at a walk or as fast as her legs will take us, and stops on a dime. She has probably had 20 different people on her since July, one was a first time rider at almost 80 years old. She accomplished more than I could have thought possible this year. If someone would have sat me down and told me of the ventures of the year to come in January, I would have considered them cruel and inconsiderate to stretch the truth about the year that was ahead of us.

I am thankful beyond words to have her, and am greatfull she has opened my eyes to how much of a purpose she has, one eye and all...... she does not dwell on the past, she does not pity herself or weigh herself down with guilt or remorse, nor does she mope about depressed day in and day out, life goes on, She throws her head up, and proudly strides about with her beautiful flowing locks, she enjoys every minute, Life Lesson Learned, enough said
default_smile.png
This is so wonderful to read! I have a friend with a mini who suffered an eye injury this summer. Despite the best attempts and aggressive efforts of both the vet and my friend, the horse lost her eye. She's either 2 or three years old. My friend was so looking forward to working with this horse in preparation for our club's shows next year and was crushed that all might be lost. In talking with her at our annual banquet, I told her that if ANYONE could move forward with that horse, it was her. She's amazing with her minis and I admire her greatly. I think the youth of the horse is also an advantage. I told her she should push forward with her plans and let the horse tell her if it works for her (the horse) or not. I hope you don't mind, but I plan to share your story with her!

I almost didn't share 'cause I haven't accomplished much...but here goes...

Lost 20 lbs. (today) since July 20th...the goal was 12.

Fenced the property (3/4 acre)

Am constitent in walking a minimum of 3 days a week. (With all three animals--horse/dog/cat) accompanying.

Focused more on becoming who I used to be...the positive person who looks for God's good purpose and plan in all that happens in my life, even if I don't understand it right now.
I would say losing 20 pounds is a big accomplishment , you need to give your self a pat on the back
default_smile.png

This is a great topic! It's nice to see everyone's great accomplishments this year, whether it's weight loss (human or animal), making it to your first show ever, doing your own training and then going and winning at a show against stiff competition, getting that special new horse you've always wanted, or that champion ribbon/trophy or any ribbon/trophy for that matter! Congrats all around to everyone on your hard work!!

Here's my accomplishments for the year:

-In February I got a horse I'd have been wanting for 7 years now! She's the dam to one of my show mares who is also my heart horse.

- Getting back on track after a month off from having Mono - never something I would wish on anyone

- Having to retrain my own driving horse that's been driving for 4 years - Apparently she had major brain fart and completely forgot everything I had taught her to do - cart and all - THEN making it to her 1st show all season (local open show) - and WINNING open driving, beating 3 other seasoned minis and a seasoned Percheron draft mare!! I couldn't have been more happier!

- Working and showing my new mare, who's 14 years old and hasn't seen a show in quite a LONG time - took her to our first open miniature double judge show of the season, with limited work b/c of me just getting back on my feet from Mono, she got a 5th & 6th ribbon in aged mares out of 22 horses!! She place well the rest of that show and also placed again in a large aged mare class at the next show double judged mini show!

- Competing at our county fair with the mother/daughter pair in several classes - mother got pulled out for a second look in huge (20+) aged mini mare class - no ribbon but still an accomplishment - then both taking a 2nd & 3rd place ribbons respectively in another huge (20+) in hand trail class. Always our two biggest mini classes and it's an accomplishment to be able to place in either of them!

- Now I'm in the process of buying my first home/property with my wonderful fiance!

This year has been a banner year for me and I'm excited to see what next year brings!

The first picture of my new mare after our first show and the second picture is the my mother/daughter pair at our county fair this year.

Congrats again to everyone on their accomplishments! Here's to next year being just a good if not better!
default_cheers.gif

Becky M.

100_1023.jpg

DSCN0254.JPG

I will not say this is an accomplishment, but it sure is exciting. I had no intentions of buying any more horses, but this one caught my eye. Then I saw who her sire is.

Grahams Ragtime

She looks so much like her sire, just a different color

Can't wait to show her in 2013

Mini ridge Safari

Safari-4.jpg

Safari-1.jpg

Safari-3.jpg

Just a quick update and bump for this thread. Thanks to the encouragement I've received on this forum...my biggest accomplishment for 2012 has just become living my dream to make a career in horses! I've taken many proactive steps, I have a WRITTEN plan in place, I have mentors.....I'm very excited to be able to do this!!

As you can see by the updated forum name, I'm quite serious. Now, to work the plan and keep saying my prayers.

The best accomplishment...and long time dream of mine came true this year, when a homebred, raised, trained, conditioned filly of mine was named National Grand Champion, and was presented at Nationals by my long time mentor Belinda Bagy to a unanimous sweep .... Erica's Pharaohs Aziza

293747_828558350992_1993406923_n.jpg

579585_808884936672_539151360_n.jpg

426344_808281710542_468892062_n.jpg

598788_808736159822_1627392406_n.jpg

156113_808179335702_172246660_n.jpg

Mine came from a gut feeling. It has always been my goal to breed show quality dun minis. I had a good feeling about buying a mare in foal back in May and she foaled an absolutely perfect dun tobiano colt in July. This colt’s sire then took Grand champion in senior stallion 30-32 in halter at the AMHR nationals and has multiple other titles with the AMHA (Abris Signature Buckeroo). I would post pictures but I don’t have any right now that I’m proud of.

My goal for 2013 is to show this colt.

I will not say this is an accomplishment, but it sure is exciting. I had no intentions of buying any more horses, but this one caught my eye. Then I saw who her sire is.

Grahams Ragtime

She looks so much like her sire, just a different color

Can't wait to show her in 2013

Mini ridge Safari

Safari-4.jpg

Safari-1.jpg

Safari-3.jpg
I love Grahams Ragtime, I had the opportunity to see Ragtime last January when Pura Vida still owned him. I also work on some of Pura Vida’s brood mares when they need help catching up with hoof care. They have one foal this year by Ragtime out of a Monarch mare that is just so cute.

Latest posts

Back