Best accomplishment of the year

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RelentlessMinis

Reaction score
With it being the holidays and the end of the year, I thought it would be a neat idea to start a topic on our biggest accomplishments of 2012. What was your best acheivement of the year? It can be anything from winning big in the show ring, to breaking a horse to drive, or even purchasing your first mini! I think it will be neat to hear everyone's stories and be able to congratulate each other. :)

So, what was the highlight of 2012 for you?

Funny you should start this because I was thinking the same thing. Some of us posted in a thread last year with our wishes for 2012 :

http://www.miniature...012 goals&st=0

Happy to report that of the 5 goals I listed, I accomplished 4, although one is still unofficial with the Pinto Association.

Our first goal was to have 3 healthy foals and after our poor record, that was a HUGE accomplishment for us. Very thankful - love all three of them.

Probably our biggest accomplishment was starting a 4-H Club with our minis, taking 2 of the minis to a nursing home as a community service project for the Club, and then taking those two minis and one other, plus 6 of our 8 members to an Open Show in October where everyone did great. So proud....

The goal not accomplished was getting Dancer broke to drive, but we decided to breed her instead and she is confirmed in foal for April 2013. And we have two 2-year olds ground driving well and ready to be hooked this fall or in the spring. One of the 4-Hers ground drove Rusty tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, I actually had a fantastic year, I have multiple things that I would consider my biggest accomplishment! I finished my first ever HOF on GMR Fooler Fooled Angie, got my first ever GRAND Championships with Little Kings Remmington and my mom with Maple Hollows Golden Magic, we earned 2 National Top Fives and 5 National Top Tens, finished getting rebuilt after our storm from last summer, and also purchased two fantastic broodmares, Little Kings Electric Lady and Freedom Hill Farms Fem Faytel! Edited to add that I also broke my mare Monte Carlos Black Diamonds to drive!

I look forward to hearing everyone else's accomplishments.

after waiting for my boy to grow up and my surviving a broken arm, i got him broke to drive and won my driving class at the fun show with him.

Mine was winning the supreme champion halter horse award at the VMHC Show.

I also won a trophy and plaque at the WCMHR "world" show competition wasn't too tough but still fun.

Congratulations to everyone on their wonderful accomplishments!
default_firstprize.gif

My best achievement for 2012 would have to have been coming home from Pinto Worlds with two Reserve World Champion titles in both the youth and open. I do all of my own fitting, clipping, etc. so it makes it extra special to me. I only had two months to get my boy in shape so lots of time and effort went in to getting him ready. I will include a few pictures.

Hot Shot, first day at home:

hotshotugly.jpg

60 days later, woo-hoo!
default_yes.gif

09-18-2012%2007%3B34%3B07PM_zps9ebd7b43.jpg

My proudest accomplishment of the year is actually "real" busisness related, but we had some pretty cool horse news in that we brought home 3x National Champion (halter) and repeated grand and surpreme champion, standing just 29.5" stallion, SQUIRT, a/ka/ Erica's CAN'T Take My Eyes Off You! OMG, he is big on the inside and H and I already adore him. He is FULL of himself (but so mannered -- thank you for raising him right, Erica Killion)!!! We love his personality even more than his handsome good looks
default_wub.png
... considering what he himeslf is and his bloodlines, we think he will work our very well on our mares' dating cards in years to come
default_yes.gif

Squirt--Sandy-Photo%201.jpg

Squirt%20Nationals%20Sign%201.jpg

Squirt--Sandy-Photo%2010%20STALLIONS.jpg

Squirt--Sandy-Photo%202.jpg

Squirt-Nationals--2011--2.jpg

Squirt--Sandy-Photo%206.jpg

My greatest Achievement for 2012 that is horse related is training my mare to drive and then being able to take her to the National Drive this year. She did fabulous and I had such a great time. She had only been in cart since June but had been ground drove for almost a year off and on before that.

My biggest achievement was winning Supreme champion of champions at our National championship with Absolut for the 2nd year running , one of my mares was a reserve champion and another matre went top three but the best was taking the top three places in the MHCI All Ireland champion foal class and then one of them went on to win first reserve supreme champion !!

My best accomplishment of the year was winning champion in youth obstacle driving 13-18 and youth showmanship 13-18 as well as reserve champion youth classic pleasure driving 13-18 at the AMHA Eastern Championship Show. First time at regionals and coming home with 3 neck sashes was a great feeling
default_yes.gif

My biggest accomplishment was competing In March at the Live Oak International CDE with a Connemara horse who I had only driven 3 times and was only his 2nd full CDE. The highlight was going double clear in cones. Then, in July competing and winning the prelim pony division at the Hickory Knoll CDE with my VSE (mini) against 11 other ponies (The show would not allow me to show as a VSE in Prelim so had to compete as a pony which meant a lot faster times). It made me realize that all the years of work are starting to pay off.

My biggest accomplishment this year? Okay so they don't really have anything to do with mini's but...I have to name a two. =) Training my mare for barrel racing and competing for the first time! And #2 is buying a barrel racing prospect with hopes to train him next year and go far! =)

I have to mention I bought my first mini in 2011 and that was a big one. =) =)

My biggest accomplishment this year was retraining a horse, (Establo Radiant of Noblebrook Farm) who had wrecked several times with his previous driver, and winning National Top Ten with him driving at Tulsa. It is particularly satisfying because he was fearful of the cart and harness and now he pricks his ears and gets happy excited about going driving! And he looks drop dead gorgeous doing it! :)

Radiant9E.jpg

My biggest mini accomplishment of the year was to purchase just the right mini for me. Now for 2013 it will be to win a ribbon....any ribbon. I want to do obstacle and CDE and have fun doing it.

Everyone on here should be proud of all their goals and accomplishments!!

My goal for myself at the start of the year was to do very well in the show ring, as it will be my last year showing for awhile. So even with a full time job I was able to work "Sox" and get him ready for each and every show. He did VERY well for me this year and I couldn't be happier! I am such a proud mommy! <3

2012 Halter A Stallions/Geldings : Champion

2012 Trail 18 & over : Champion

2012 Hunter 15 & Over : Champion

2012 Jumper 15 & over : Reserve Champion.

Here's my little wall of his winnings <3

2yxowlx.jpg

Tiz Sir Sock Hop Dancer 33" Red Dun Gelding

5 years AMHA/AMHR

3589fm8.jpg
28kr7h2.jpg

m7gff5.jpg

For me it's about teaching..... We've sold one of our minis to a 29 year old young woman who is autistic, and her mother. The colt is still with us and the buyers visit once or twice a week to spend time and learn about their new horse. They are learning about basic care and handling.....plus some fun stuff like, teaching him about longeing, going over a jump, side passing, walking over a tarp.....etc...

Not a mini, but you didn't specify.

I can not ask for a better horse related end to the year. Many of you know that in January I was devestated when my Gypsy Vanner had a sudden eye injury and had to immediately have her eye removed. I was shattered. Fast forward, she recovered better than I could have imagined, coped with it beyond any expectations I had, and even managed to stay on schedule for her late spring early summer training. I have been riding her for several months now. She is amazing, an angel with the kids, wonderful with beginners, a joy to ride at a walk or as fast as her legs will take us, and stops on a dime. She has probably had 20 different people on her since July, one was a first time rider at almost 80 years old. She accomplished more than I could have thought possible this year. If someone would have sat me down and told me of the ventures of the year to come in January, I would have considered them cruel and inconsiderate to stretch the truth about the year that was ahead of us.

I am thankful beyond words to have her, and am greatfull she has opened my eyes to how much of a purpose she has, one eye and all...... she does not dwell on the past, she does not pity herself or weigh herself down with guilt or remorse, nor does she mope about depressed day in and day out, life goes on, She throws her head up, and proudly strides about with her beautiful flowing locks, she enjoys every minute, Life Lesson Learned, enough said
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back