Berner Puppy (aka The Butterballs) Pics

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt73

Reaction score
Here are a couple of pics I took after their breakfast. I started feeding them on Wednesday four times a day, but dropped down to three as Callie's still feeding them well and they are fat little butterballs
default_biggrin.png

0024.jpg

Look at that wittle face
default_wub.png

0034.jpg

Here's a pic I took of the 3 girls this aft.

0035.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that is one incredibly kissable face! They are just beautiful
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Oh Matt, I wish I had a scratch n sniff computer....I just love the little puppy smell, they are darling. I love your breed!! Do you know of anyone that owns them in hotter states? Fla.? How do you think they'd take to the hotter weather? There never seems to be too many in the all breed shows here but they sure are beautiful.

Heidi

Oh Matt, I wish I had a scratch n sniff computer....I just love the little puppy smell, they are darling. I love your breed!! Do you know of anyone that owns them in hotter states? Fla.? How do you think they'd take to the hotter weather? There never seems to be too many in the all breed shows here but they sure are beautiful.Heidi

Thanks Heidi!

I don't know of anyone that has them in hotter states. But I will say that my Berners don't have the really heavy coats you see on some. They shed out beautifully for Spring/Summer and have more of a Retriever type coat. We did breed Heidi to a male that had a big fluffy coat, but she didn't take. My guys are kept in the cool barn on hot summer days and go for walks with me. So, yeah, I'm not sure how well they'd do in a really hot state. They do LOVE the snow when it comes. It can be -20c outside and if the sun is shining you feel their coat and it's hot from absorbing the sun.

Thanks Matt. I do wish my dogs were able to play in the snow...they have never even seen it....I do take them to the big ice arena here b/c there is often a big huge pile of snow/ice out back from when they scrape or clear the rink. They do love rolling in it...but thats all they get.

Matt,

They are too cute. My daiughter's friend has one and he's HUGE!!!!!!!! His name is Bombadere(sp?) like the snowmobile. That's becasue he's built like a brick *%#$ house.

Christy

Ahhhhhhhhhhh. (That's the sound of a gimp getting her puppy fix)
default_wub.png

Thanks, Matt. That's good stuff

Do you know of anyone that owns them in hotter states? Fla.? How do you think they'd take to the hotter weather? There never seems to be too many in the all breed shows here but they sure are beautiful.Heidi
Yes, I do know a few people in Florida and a breeder here in Central Florida. They seem to all do fine. I don't think any breed (humans included
default_laugh.png
) who would be comfortable in the summer heat and humidity here.........

Matt your babies are so precious!
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!!! More puppy pics!! Yep, I could ALMOST smell them! They are beyond adorable!!!! I have seen a few here in AZ at dog shows, but dont know how they do here. My two dogs I have now though are both black, one with quite a heavy coat, and they do fine here in the summer. I think most of the breeds adjust ok, just like people do eventually.

Oh my gosh, they are soooooooo cute!! I want one!
default_wub.png

Aaaahhh, I love the one on your right with the big white blaze down to her chest. They look like such great quality puppies and so pudgie. Absolutely to very cute. Where is the picture of all the boys????

Aaaahhh, I love the one on your right with the big white blaze down to her chest. They look like such great quality puppies and so pudgie. Absolutely to very cute. Where is the picture of all the boys????
Thank you for the compliment
default_blush.png
We are very proud of our dogs (and horses and cats, too) and try to raise the best pups possible. I'll get pics of the three boys today
default_wink.png

Carol, you are so right, yes some humans have a tough time adapting to our summers here in Fla!!

Matt, I love the picture you added..my favorite is the little girl in the center. Cant wait to see the boys!!

Heidi

Latest posts

Back