Bellcrowne carriages

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

horsenarounnd

Reaction score
We are considering perchasing one of the Bellcrowne mini carriages. For those of you that have them, what do you consider the strong points of each?

I love my aerocrown by bellcrown. Light, great balance, easy to pull, sturdy comfortable ride, wheels do not sink in. One seater is an advantage, you literally don't move or slide in turns. Disadvantage, you can't take a rider, however the regular minicrown is really only a 1 1/2 seat (adult and child). They are easy entry style, you can get in and out real fast. I love mine and so does my boy. Well worth the money. I wanted a hyperbike real bad but had physical limitations, the aerocrown was a close second for me. Pricey but well made. I am very short, the aerocrown fit me better than height, I would have had the seat custom lowered for the regular minicrown. The aerocrown you can take out the floor and use stirrups too. let me know if you want to know anything else.

The Aerocrown is what I wanted but hadn't been designed yet when I bought my Minicrown in 2007. I love the elegance of both carriages, the fine workmanship and finish, the lower draft angle for a smoother ride and better ergonomics for the horse, the great suspension...they're lovely carriages all the way around.

Downsides are the weight for a smaller horse. I know sturdy minis far smaller than mine who haul a Minicrown just fine but they're heavy enough to give my wimpy, refined green horse pause and be too much for my older horse with a back injury. The Aerocrown is better that way and if you take off the floorboards and use the stirrups it comes in right around the weight of a Frontier EE cart or a little heavier, only with much better suspension.
default_biggrin.png
I love my Hyperbike for the mostly recreational driving I'm doing now and my Graber for breed shows, but when I get back into CDE's you bet I'll be buying an Aerocrown for dressage and cones!

Leia

Last edited by a moderator:
We have the Mini Crown. I agree with Hobbyhorse. We have 3 horses that are all just under 34". My husband loves the leg room. We love everything that Hobbyhorse said, except the weight of it. We go up some fairly aggressive hills (in our opinion) and they notice the weight much more on these hills than they do with our SPF wooden wheel cart. For smaller hills or flat ground, it's great.

My chubby very short out of shape driving boy pulls the aerocrown like it isn't there, up hills and down. Love it and so does he. Lower draft is great however when he threw in a buck once he got his leg over the shaft and got very upset. I have installed my bucking strap since then and the buck was my fault for losing contact on my outer rein during a turn when he was feeling fresh. The suspension is awesome and we go over waffle grid tractor tracks and it handles bumps great. I think there might be an upper limit weight of driver of about 165 lbs, but don't quote me on that one. It is a pain to adjust the shafts between horses and good idea to mark your positions with dots or tape somehow. You can haul it in a honda pilot SUV with the shafts off, thats how I got it home. I went to the shop with full intensions of purchasing the bellcrown minicrown and came home with the aerocrown and am very glad I did.

Latest posts

Back