Before & After

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations :aktion033: Leanna, He is really nice, since you know some of his background. You might want to get in touch with Doc Taylor and maybe he could give you more information about him.It is worth a try. :bgrin

Actually i emailed Doc Taylor the day we got him and that is where i got all the information on him as far as pedigree ext go. I also found out how much he sold for through the sale, i still cannot believe the man just handed him over to us.

He is still unnamed, i am thinking about just leaving his name Wally (its better then Corncob anyway) as that seems to fit him so far
default_smile.png

Now why can't something like this happen to me :no: WOW he is a dream horse!!!!! I can see how he is stealing your heart
default_wub.png
: He is stealing mine through the pictures!!!!!!!
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
: CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beautiful boy!

If Doc is willing to help he can probably be registered half Welsh. To register him NSPR you'll have to get in touch with Jeanne and see if she'll pull hair for DNA. Gives you a couple of options for putting papers on him!

Lewella

Wow!! He is beautiful! He is the kind of horse I would love for my 7 year old daughter!!! He reminds me of an andalusian! What about Andy! lol. Beautiful!

I'd really like to get him NSPR so he could tag along to congress with us. I just have to get ahold of Jeanne. The thing is, doc never owned his sire so i dont think he could help register him as half welsh, i'd have to find the person who owned/owns his sire.

A little update ...

I cannot get over how far he has come, each day he just gets more and more trusting and friendly. He throws a fit when i walk away from him, after that gate closes and i head for the house he starts yelling for me lol. I talked a little more in depth with the man we got him from and he said they did ride him, they never did break him, but they sat on him when he was younger. So, feeling very confident and knowing that he was confortable with us, my friend (who is about 6ft 4in btw) got a stool and at first all we wanted to do was just lean over on him to see what he thought when a person got above him. Well, slowly she slipped over on him and took her foot off the bucket and he was perfect. Yes, we were in the stall so he didnt really have much of anywhere to panick so that kept him calm. He was sooo good for his first mounting
default_wub.png
:. He didnt move at all, he stayed calm and didnt mind. Then my turn, i didnt get all the way on him bc im not as experenced as my friend is, but i did put my leg over him and apply some weight and he was an angel. I think when it comes time to start training him to ride, prob this winter or late fall, he should be extremely easy.

I am so proud of him today. Although, we just wanted to test him out. It will be a while before we go any farther then sitting on him in the stall.

:bgrin

Hey i like that name, i think Andy would fit him. He has kind of come acustom to being called Wally though lol. Andy, i like it
default_wub.png
:

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome Girl!!

See we dont talk for a few weeks and you get a horse in the meantime. We totally have to catch up
default_wink.png
:

How about you get him all settled and I'll take him off your hands for you!!!! Wow now that is my dream horse...non mini of course. I always wanted an Andulusian but smaller and that's what he looks like. I'm drooling.

WOW!

What an awesome "freebie" he's is giong to make a great pony esp. if he is already becoming such a pet.

Sounds like your herd is really growing since I met you this spring.

Congrats!!

Keep us posted on how things go!

And if you do decide to let him go to a forever home - 1 of my 4-h'ers may be looking for a riding pony, she just has mini's right now. He looks like he'd be awesome at anything esp. if his temperment is as good as you say and he's still a stud? Think what a lap pet he'll be as a gelding.

Congrats. and good luck with him.

Jayme

P.S. My son is talking about riding again now too - If you let him go let us know, I know of a couple forever homes that may take him if he's big enough and gentle enough to ride. But whats 1 more - you'll keep him - I would, as long as I could.
default_smile.png

dali1111 said:
How about you get him all settled and I'll take him off your hands for you!!!! Wow now that is my dream horse...non mini of course. I always wanted an Andulusian but smaller and that's what he looks like. I'm drooling.
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:
default_wub.png
:

My eyes about popped out of my head when I saw those pictures. I wasn't sure what to drool over first- the Welsh head, the Andalusian neck, the large hooves and gorgeous solid bone in his perfect straight legs that says "I'll be sound forever," the movement, or the unicorn purity of his coat. My first thought after that was "CDE pony!!" :lol: No papers required for that and being as sturdy as he is is an asset in the small pony division.
default_thumbup.gif
: You may not have CDE's out there, but I sure do here. Send him on over, I would LOOOVE to fit him out for carriage driving! He could be my new best friend.

Leia

He is still doing wonderful, my dad reminded me agian that we cannot keep every pony that comes here, its just so hard not to fall for a pony like this. After much work this past week and half on the ground, he is very very trusting. I treated him for thrush, he has been wormed, getting all his shots tommarow morning and im going to try to get coggins pulled on him at that to. He is doing awsome
default_wub.png
:

If anyone is looking for a kick butt CDE pony, give me a hollar. Man i would LOVE to keep this pony but i just have to keep everything in prospect.

He's already had my father riding bridle on, he did great. No mouthing the bit ext, i think he would do great with someone. Sometime this week i plan to post him on he saleboard possibly, so i atleast know he will go to a lilbeginnings person so i can keep a checkup on him. I just want to make sure he will not be turned out on pasture for another 8 years, he thrives off people attention. I wish i could keep him but i know soon he will need more then ground manners work
default_wub.png
: *sigh*

Im going to try to get a video of him out moving if the pasture drys up by tonight, if you guys want to see some breathtaking movement he has it!

:new_shocked: Leeana You Are Soooooooooo Lucky!!!!!!!!!!! :new_shocked: . I've been checking and re-checking this thread ever since you posted that gorgeous horse. I sure wish i lived near you. I'd LOVE to own a horse like that--perfect size for me---very kind eyes--and drop dead gorgeous :new_shocked: .

I'll keep on dreaming now
default_wink.png
: . Congrats ---you have a real gem there
default_yes.gif
: .

WOWEEEEE...you have a rare MINI ANDALUSIAN
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
: He's gorgeous!!!!!

He is definitely one COOL PONY!!! You found a diamond in the rough with Wally!
default_wub.png
:

MA

default_wub.png
: Wow, first thing I thought was mini ANDALUSIAN! I love him to death so give me a holler when you think about selling him.... :eek: So maybe my Mom might kill me but when she sees him

Hey! I know this is ancient history.. But I owned his sire (Lucyjean Lightning), who I bought from Tom Taylor... sometime pre-2000. Part of the problem with searching him is that his papers had misspelled his name as "Lucyjean Lighting). We bred one foal from him, and then he just became a happy, well cared for pasture friend, and companion to Lucyjean Imagail (unknown breeding) until his peaceful end... and again, can't remember the year. One thing about him is he put exceptional disposition into his babes... and also, very active movement (which was stylish about the year he was bred). Neat to see his babe... even though it has been so, so very long ago.

Latest posts

Back