been watching this mare sooooooo long

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yankee_minis

Reaction score
It's been over a month....um...maybe two since we've been watching Treasure on the camera. Hubby says she's not pregnant. Daughter and I are pretty darn sure she is.

Lately it's been getting weird around here.

2 Days Ago

me:"Oh no! She pooped there????"

her: "She never poops there."

me: "She might poop in that corner or along that other side, but she's never pooped there!!"

her: "Make a pot of coffee, and wake me if you need me. Nighty night, Mom."

1 Day Ago

me: "Look Look! Her tail is up. It's been up a lot!"

her:"Yes it has, you stay up and watch her, okay? Nightie night!"

me: "oooOOOooo She's rolling"

horse:eek:ne rolly

horse:two rolly

horse:three rolly

horse:stand up

horse:lie down

horse:roll

horse:sit up

horse:snooze

horse:snooze some more

horse:lie flat

horse:run a mile in a dream

horse:sit up

horse:roll

horse:stretch

horse:stand in my favorite corner

horse:munch

horse:rub butt against wall

horse:rub head against other wall

horse:rub butt against water bucket

horse:watch momma refill water bucket

horse:beg for hugs and kisses even though she's trying to look at my belly

horse:endure that touchy-feely stuff

horse:munch munch munch

Today

me: "mbhlaaiCOFFEEjlippsCOFFFFFEEEkjkooop"

horse: "ha ha ha Fooled ya!"

horse:"circles are fun"

horse: "if I pee here will she come visit me like when I pooped here??"

me: shopping for a straight jacket online but bought 8 pound of chocolate instead.

horse: "see how pretty my tail looks when it's up?"

horse: "hey is that a fly on my side? lemme check"

me: "she's looking at her side"

horse: "yup it's a fly."

me: "look, look, she's looking at her side again!"

horse: "yup another fly."

horse: "why is mom here again? Hey, leave the tail alone!"

me: mumble mumble mumble

horse: "hey where you going, Mom?"

horse: "mom doesn't pay any attention to me!! I bet she couldn't point me out in a herd of donkeys!"

me: "I am so tired of watching that mare on camera-- day-in-day-out that's all I do!"

me: "ooOOooo! Is that the UPS man with my chocolate?"

Last edited by a moderator:
oh Bless your heart..I too am in the mare stare sisierhood....I KNOW she is pg....MY hubbyALSO saays probably not as does my daughter, heck..had her utrasounded in February IN FOAL....I mean, how many cxups of coffee can this ole ticker take..aaaaarrrrrggggggggggggggggggg..see I can't even spell annimore...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
ohmy.gif

I am right there with ya....hand and hand...glassy eyes and all........I even broke my darn toe, 2 days ago, like I have never seen my sofa before...jeez...owie

Tracy, honey, go to a movie....she'll go. Go to McDonalds...she'll drop like a stone. Poor sweetie, love your dialog. Need more chocolate yet?

I think your mare has been giving my mare tips. My mare is/was "due" between May & Dec. Best guess would be early July based on a Dec u/s. She is HUGE even according to the vet. A month ago I had her ultrasounded to see and there is a baby in there moving around. Vet said 2-3 weeks is his best guess. Still no baby.

While this drives me crazy in a way it is good she is late because I had my baby last week and now I can bend again:)

LOL!!! That is great! Sounds very familiar.
wacko.gif

Sorry Yankee, I think it may be all my fault. A friend of mine started watching her about the first of July. On the second she wondered if she was close and I told her it didn't look like it yet and I thought she'd hold off at least another day or two
biggrin.gif
Well, my friend sent me a quick note saying it would be neat if she held of until the fourth, but I'm afraid she didn't say the fourth of what month and your poor mare must have read the e-mail and is thinking she meant the fourth of September
new_shocked.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

laugh.gif
ROTFLOL!!!
laugh.gif

Sounds like my mare, Treasure, too
biggrin.gif
Our Treas ended up dropping him the ONE night in a week she didnt seem uncomfortable or "close".
rolleyes.gif

Good luck and hope she doesn't make you wait too much longer
wink.gif

After all that you have describe and my mare went 60 days longer than normal for her.

I had the vet out twice first time he said it could be in the next three or four days. July 19.

Aug 5 vet out again Not much change not going to be tonight.

I have a major headache need my medicine. Look at the mare at midnight not much change from the last two weeks. I take my medicine and go to bed. Husband gets up at 3 and what do we have a colt. She was just waiting for me to give out first which I did.

Latest posts

Back