Been On High Alert Here

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kootenay

Reaction score
Hey gang,

Just wanted to update you all on what's been happening here lately. There has been a major forest fire burning here in the Kootenays that has come within a mile of my place at times. It was so bad here on Thursday/Friday that we were going to evacuate. The neighbors already had their horses out, and they were waiting on standby to take my 3 encase the fire got closer. It was pure pandemonium here though--horse trailers, trucks.campers, boats, rv's--everyone fleeing the scene. Hubby and I as calm as we could be just sat here waiting, watching the town freak out :lol: .

I had taken pictures in the Pend Oreille--(where the fire started), for two days, then I started to film the destruction here. I have set up a public photobucket album with all those pictures and videos. The link is:

LINK TO ALBUM

--All I ask is that you give me credit if you use the photos or video. I have spoken to my lawyer encase someone does decide to use them without my permission--so ask me first please so we all avoid legal troubles. The photos and videos are all taken by me, so I consider them my copyrighted property.

Having all that said--we are fine at the moment--still watching the fire burn up above us on the mountain, and hoping it doesn't decide to turn back on us. Any other Fruitvale people in it's path, please check in--and if you need anything i'm here. I have enough room to house horses, people--whatever may come our way.

Latest posts

Back