Been hard at it again....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anoki

Reaction score
It's been a busy 6 weeks or so...

Twizzler, my red puppy, got deathly sick after our last show outing. VERY stressful....thankfully after 3 days & 2 nights at the vet clinic, we finally got her diagnosed--NOT something that she picked up at a show, nothing she could pass on to others, nothing genetically linked, just a fluke thing that happened....lucky me.....soo, she was out of the show ring for 6 weeks, until she had recovered enough.

Her first show back, she took Winners Female all 3 days, and finished her Canadian Championship on the 2nd day!! She is now BBPIS BPIG Can CH Esrohollow Irresistible Twist

That same day, Mate-r took a Herding Group 4!! MY first Group placing!!! I was very excited to have finally achieved this and on a dog that I bred (even if he was completely out of coat)!!!
He also finished his Canadian Grand Championship in May! He is now BISS Can GCH Esrohollow Radsprings Tuhmater

On June 23, this little monster was welcomed into the world!!

This is Boo, Esrohollow Behind the Door. She is a singleton and was just over a pound when she was born.....that is very large for this breed!!! Needless to say she was delivered by c-section. She is a full sister to Mate-r, so she has rather big paws to fill! I started calling her the monster puppy after seeing the x-ray that was taken 10 days before she was born. Boo is the little girl in the movie Monsters Inc. I wasn't sure if Lainey was even expecting until about 2 weeks before her due date when I decided I better have an X-ray done to see....

Thanks for letting me share my kids....again....
default_wub.png

~kathryn

Your dogs are extra wonderful and beautiful! Congrats on all the awesome placings & wins!
default_firstprize.gif

awesome! your dogs are gorgeous. I am a dog nut. Your breed is one of my "wow I would love to have one of those someday" breeds. I do obedience and rally but totally admire those folks that have the guts to show breed. Beautiful. drool over your puppy. too cute.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do obedience and rally but totally admire those folks that have the guts to show breed.
Thank you for that shorthorsemom!!! It has been a very long hard battle in the show ring in my part of the country!! Too many big fish in a little pond and LOTS of politics! But, my breeding is getting there. I am very proud to breeder/owner/handle my own dogs for the most part. And if I can't, it is most often another amateur helping me out. Only had a handler on one dog once, and got me nowhere, so decided it wasn't worth the $$! It is definitely a sport that you need a very thick skin for.....

I have dabbled in rally, but I am wayyy too nervous in the ring to tackle obedience, though my dogs are obedience trained.

Herding is my performance love, but it's been an expensive year so haven't had much chance for that this year!

~kathryn

Congratulations Kathryn! I think you are doing great in the show ring and in the breeding department.
default_firstprize.gif
default_thumbup.gif

Great job! They are wonderful/beautiful! Hearing "out of coat" really took me back. Mom started out with malamutes, and had a springer, English cocker, and tervs. Sister had a sheltie, tervs, and aussies. Over the years, of course. Most they finished. Mom was a professional groom. Because of this she now owns a whippet lol. I love those corgis, great dogs!

Rally is a blast. I was so nervous in the ring in obedience, my dogs would look at me like "what the heck is with you" chuckle. they notice my stage fright. Now what I do is just show for fun. I don't care about points and I don't nick pick my dogs during training either. What I have is very happy obedience dogs. I make it fun. When I stopped worrying about points I started scoring much better, funny how that works sometimes. I did get a HIT for my oldster chinese crested at the speciality. Folks said... WOW when I brought home that big trophy and ribbons. It was very cool, however the funniest part was that we were the only dog that qualified that day, hense the high in trial award. It took 10 years for that particular boy to qualify for his CD. I showed him only once a year at the speciality. Small show, indoors and all the same breed as him. One year, one leg. LOL.

I respect those who do breed showing, politics and cheaters make it tough for those honest and hardworking individuals like yourself. I took breed handling classes, there was a woman there with a gorgeous black poodle puppy. I admired the color and shine of her pup and she says... Well, he really isn't black, he is brown, but this color shows better and so I dyed his coat. Knew lots of handlers that did dye jobs on their dogs. I had one handling experience where I showed my friends bloodhound for her when she was too pregnant to run in the ring. I did ok except where I almost ran into the tent rope and the judge yelled at me. Her bloodhound had the slobbers and my skirt was covered and I even had one hanging in my hair when they did the judging. It was hilarious experience. I think never wore that skirt again. Decided breed wasn't my cup of tea, but I do have quite a few breed friends I admire greatly. Always wanted to do herding, have local friends that do herding trials near here and it looks like so much fun. I have a full sized collie that has been a chinese crested herder for years. She is quite good at it.

Oh wow! Congrats! What a lovely bunch of dogs you have. Corgis are one of my all time favorite breeds!

default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back