Been Getting Back Into Horseback Riding

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kootenay

Reaction score
Hiya Folks,

This time of year around here there are quite a few well broke horses to ride, and I was chosen to ride a 25 year old arab the other day. She was a challenge to say the least with my ride ending with a rearing fit--not whoaing,,etc. I figured if I can handle that, I can handle my own.

Tonight I grabbed my bridle--(no saddle this time),,,--tacked Honey up--cleaned feet--fly sprayed, and got a leg up. I might have lasted 4 seconds up there. I landed on my feet, with a fairly calm horse at the end of the reins, and proceeded to spend about 13 minutes laying over her back while being led around a step or two here and there.

I left it at that, and I must say it was stupid on my part, but I kept a big grin on my face the whole time. I figure if a horse is going to let me get back on-(part way), then I have a chance of getting her fully trained by summer of next year--(hopefully).

I have a pretty big inner leg bruise from trying to hang on. Obviously i need to hang on tighter next time
default_wink.png

be careful.
default_biggrin.png
Wear a helmet. As I get older I seem to get dumped more. When I was younger I always bragged that I never fell off. Been riding since I was 3. I now wear a helmet even though I never used to.

Emma

Back