Been away awhile

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reignmaker Miniatures

Reaction score
I haven't posted on here in a coons age but today I have some time to myself and decided to pop in and say hello.
default_saludando.gif

Life has thrown my husband and me a curve ball (as it so often does), after being let go from his job last October he has not been able to find new work...sucks to get older. So we decided that if no one wanted to hire him I would start a business and he could help me. This of course means we have been kept really busy trying to get the new venture off the ground and 'for fun' interests take a back seat. Anyway.. I'm not complaining. Our health is good and we work well together be it at home or in a business and it is a privilege to have the chance to spend all this time together...not every one gets to be with the love of their life as much as I do and I am grateful for it. We all know life can be fleeting.

I haven't done much with my horses this year, no shows or outings and no clipping or primping, only the gelding who is learning to dance with me has been worked with at all. They are happy to hang out and be horses lol. I still stop in and read everyone's posts and WOW there are lots of new members since last fall. Good to see the continuing interest in these amazing little animals.

We've MISSED you!!

If you are able to - would love to know what type of business you got started with.

...not every one gets to be with the love of their life as much as I do and I am grateful for it.
I wish I could do something to help you all.

I don't know what things are like in Canada, but sometimes I wonder if we aren't all one pink slip away.

Anyway, it sure is a good thing if you have the "love of your life." It took me awhile, but I found one of those. It makes me feel safe knowing that if the crap hit the fan, my "life love" would treat me like a queen the same way he does now. I wish you both the best of luck.

Paula, we started a company that buys and sells heavy duty and agricultural parts. We will source hard to find items (or look for better pricing for people to busy to do it themselves), we sometimes buy surplus parts from a variety of sources (most often to date has been sawmills) and resell to customers who appreciate getting a bargain on something they use. We also purchase salvage equipment and break it down for resale of the pieces.A great number of our sales have been into the US since our dollar is so low that combined with our discounted price it is a very very good deal for those buyers
default_yes.gif
. Our economy has not been as vigorous as we'd like to see of course so its sometimes a slow go but our theory is that if we can make it work now an improved economy will see it sailing.

Thank you AngC for being so kind, no worries, we are ok. We have a firewood processor and cut some firewood for people on slow days and that usually pays for our groceries. I get to sleep in any day I choose to as well and I'm my own boss (well except for my customers and - when I let him be - my husband lol) so life is good just a bit of uncertainty and that just gets you out of any ruts you have gotten used to..right
default_laugh.png

I appreciate all your posts, after nearly a year I wondered if anyone would remember me, glad to know I'm not totally forgettable
default_wink.png

...agricultural parts. We will source hard to find items ...great number of our sales have been into the US since our dollar is so low..
hmph, interesting. I haven't kept up on the exchange rate.

Are you at all dealing with hay equipment like cutter/mower thingies (or whatever you call them) raker-things, and balers? It's probably too far away; (besides the husband and I let our passports expire.)

...course on the other hand, for a good deal, it would be a nice, fun trip and he'd have to visit the Butchart Gardens (something I've long wanted to do.)
default_yes.gif

I've been away awhile too. Welcome back. When given lemons, make lemonade, seems like that is what you guys have done.

AngC, I don't imagine we can offer you a good enough deal to make it worth your trouble buying from us but if there is something you can't find we'll be glad to try. Mostly it is the surplus and salvage end that we can sell into the US at a price that has us both smiling.

Deborah B, Good to hear from a fellow BCer.
default_yes.gif

Theresa, its good to hear from you too! I think some of us long time members (wow, can I call myself that now lol) just lurk at times because life gets so busy. I continue to read posts on my phone but must find the time to sit down at my PC if I'm going to post myself.

AngC, I don't imagine we can offer you a good enough deal to make it worth your trouble buying from us but if there is something you can't find we'll be glad to try. Mostly it is the surplus and salvage end that we can sell into the US at a price that has us both smiling.

Yeah, as soon as I wrote that I regretted it. If we were 20 years younger and had 20 more acres, it might make sense. I've been reading a lot about mowers and such. Even the rustiest old sickle bar mower makes no sense for us, dollar-wise. I did grow a nice stand of orchard grass though. oh well, something has to grow there.

Latest posts

Back