Beach Drive this weekend!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayne

Reaction score
I am soo excited to meet all you and be a part of the fun! Did you see the weather forecast!? NICE!! I'll be getting there probably about 5pm on Friday and will leave on Sunday. I'll swing by Costco and pick up a dozen muffins and anything else I see that would be good on the community food table. If you can think of anything particular you want me to pick up, reply here and I'll see it as I won't be leaving until about noon on Friday.

The only slight change for me is that I did find accommodations so I won't be camping. But I WILL be hanging out with everyone most of the time except the sleeping part! I just couldn't do it!! I'm old and creaky! Well, not as old and creaky as Susanne :DOH! , but she's a trooper and I'm not when it comes to this stuff!!

So I am totally jazzed for this weekend. What are you all doing about coffee? Is there a plug in by your campsite for a coffee pot? I can bring mine if it's needed.

Jayne

jayne -- I almost didn't see your post!

Yay -- I can't wait!

We'll probably be getting there a bit later, as Keith has to work, then get home...etc. We're shooting for getting there around 7pm, and with luck we might even do it. Our new cart is scheduled to be delivered Friday afternoon, so hopefully it will arrive before we leave.

Coffee is an all important question -- Lastyear the only in-camp coffee was instant, which is a no-go for me. We ended up finding a drive-thru esspresso stand. I don't know what the campground has in the way of plugs, if any, but I'll grind some Sumatran and bring it -- and a cone and filters in case we need to heat water over the fire and drip by the cup.

Oohh -- Costco muffins!!! If I dare say so, I love their poppyseed muffins...

Leia should be there earlier than we will be, and Bob Graham (of HyperBike fame) and family will be there, probably by dark. Liz and family will be coming by and going to watch the car parade...not sure who all else will arrive Friday, but others will arrive Saturday morning -- Daryl, Nancy (Equisize), Kari, and more.

We'll have hot dog fixings for a weenie roast, but other than that eating is pretty much up in the air.

See you Friday night!

Last edited by a moderator:
susanne said:
Leia should be there earlier than we will be
Who on earth said THAT?!?
default_new_shocked.gif
Good lord, I'm the one with a six+ hour drive, a million things to do in the morning and an unbroken history of arriving after dark!
default_laugh.png

As for Costco, I've developed a great fondness for their brand of trail mix if you felt like picking some of that up. I'm not a member so I never get to have it unless friends buy it!
default_eat.gif
Thanks Jane, that's great of you to offer.

Pack clothes for both hot and chilly weather, last year the nights were freezing but the days were hot enough that we were all hiding in the shade through the middle of the afternoon. This year promises to be similar!

Can't wait.

Leia

OK, I'm heading out. Poppyseed muffins and trail mix it is!! Glad to bring something to the party. Can't wait to meet everyone!

Jayne

Latest posts

Back