Beach Drive 2008

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, Shari, but that's still his old harness...I've shamed him by buying a cart and making him wear the old harness for now -- guess I put the cart before the cart, ahem...

The new harness will come after my wallet recovers just a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
He still looks really nice Susanne!

I really want transport so I can take Maggie to the get togethers but my wallet is bucking at the thought. Sigh ~~
default_rolleyes.gif
So I understand. Need to get hubby to fix my cart path!!!

What a great video! ALMOST as good as being there. I would so love to drive on the beach, and the company would be fun too!

Mingus looks so happy! He obviously loves his job as a driving horse!

Kody is so "together", and as always, looks like a blast to drive! He looks awesome!

The drivers eye view of Dancer was great! Her happy ears and mane flying in the wind, and view of the waves .... beyond belief for this prairie girl! Thanks for posting it Daryl!

Okay so I am jealous. If I could only get myself, horse and cart there life would be great. Well maybe next year. It is looking more and more like next year I might have a very surprising horse to drive at these events. I might even share her if she doesn't quack up. Little hint there. We will see what the future holds.

Darrell what an awesome video. I really enjoyed watching it.

Susanne Mingus is doing fabulous. Cantering along in harness and all. What a big boy he is. You can be so proud of having trained him. That is just awesome.

Ah-ha, I'm finally home where I can see the video. Great collage, Daryl! You get a nice feel for the location and the three horses who were driving the most. Mr. Mingus, for whom these are shortly going to be the "before shots" of a wonderful career; Kody, who true to form is seen throwing in constant small bucks (there's a reason he had a kick strap on) but thoroughly enjoying his "work"; and Ms. Dancer with her flashy color who is wonderfully fat and sassy and driving her heart out. You'll note you can see my breath puffing out in the Saturday footage, and the down jacket I was wearing over my hooded sweatshirt!
default_new_shocked.gif
Ah, the joys of September.
default_laugh.png
I'll try and get my photos loaded tonight but right now need to go drive the little culprit before dark. Less than two weeks to the VSE DT-T at Happ's!

Leia

Don't be Jealous Marie.... you are not alone. All though I have been invited to these get togethers for many years.. I have never once, been able to get Maggie and her cart to any of them. Sigh ~~ Keep thinking.. maybe some day, things will work out but it never does. Beginning to resign myself.. I am just not meant to go.... so I need to be happy with the photos and videos.

But I do hope you will be able to meet up with the group.
default_wink.png

Shari what a shame. I have the truck and trailer. Still need to get the lights on my truck setup right to pull the trailer.

But even then it will be awhile before I feel I can hook them up, load a horse in there and head out on the road. Maybe by next year we can get it hitched, put two horses in there and go somehwere. Anywhere would be good at this point just to get out where it is safe and sane to drive. So we will just stay in touch and make plans for next year.

Martin adored the praise for his fish, which we just had AGAIN for dinner, but how can one get weary of fresh halibut?

Guess we'll find out...

Looks like I missed the best day!

And...on Saturday, I got to drive Mingus! Wow, he's a powerhouse, and very well-mannered. Thank you, susanne, for trusting me with him. He was so fine to ride behind!!!

My two are very out of shape, most of all Cherry Bomb, who endured lots of remarks about her expanding girth (she is due in Feb of '09 for her possibly last foal/7th). We had a good time, though! My sons had a real party riding with Leia behind Kody...he is a hot dog to be sure.

Thanks for all the posts...enjoying reading everyone's experiences from their points of view.

Liz

Shari what a shame. I have the truck and trailer. Still need to get the lights on my truck setup right to pull the trailer.But even then it will be awhile before I feel I can hook them up, load a horse in there and head out on the road. Maybe by next year we can get it hitched, put two horses in there and go somehwere. Anywhere would be good at this point just to get out where it is safe and sane to drive. So we will just stay in touch and make plans for next year.
Hubby is sure I can get my cart in the Van....so all I would need is transport for Maggie! Just let me know when you are ready Marie.
default_wink.png

Latest posts

Back