BBC Looking for Trainers in NEW YORK

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

virginia

Reaction score
I received the following email today and I have no idea why they sent it to me. If it is on the up and up, please let me know if you are interested and I'll give Alex your contacts. I feel she may be interested in minis trained for show by owners.

Hi Virginia,

We are making a new children's programme here at the BBC in London called 'Only in America'. The show is essentially a road trip across America with our two young hosts meeting extraordinary kids and visiting amazing places along the way. The emphasis is on finding out what our audience of 8 - 14 yr olds' counterparts are up to in the States. We are filming 10 x 30 min shows which will be broadcast on BBC One in the fall and we expect an audience in the range of 2-5 million.

One of the show's is based on Animals. We would like to talk with a miniature horse trainer with the view to possibly film them.

We are filming in New York area from 15th -18th August and will be visiting New York on August 1st giving us an opportunity to meet our potential filming contributors.

We were wondering whether you knew of any trainers based in New York who may be interested in getting involved...

Any help or advice would greatly welcomed.

If you have any questions or require more information please email back with a telephone number and I will call you back to discuss the show and filming in more detail.

I look forward to hearing from you soon,

Many thanks,

Alex

Alex Kalymnios

Only In America

Telephone: 0 11 44 208 225 7468

Mobile: 0 11 44 7961 142 120

http://www.bbc.co.uk/

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain

personal views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically

stated.

If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system.

Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in

reliance on it and notify the sender immediately. Please note that the

BBC monitors e-mails sent or received.

Further communication will signify your consent to this.

Where in New York, it's a big state LOL. Bruce Abbott is in New York, if it is near NYC we are about 1 1/2 hours from the city in PA, theres a bunch.
biggrin.gif

Well, I'd say anyone interested, no matter where you live send me your contact and I'll forward to the BBC. All that I know is in the letter sent me. This is the first time I've ever heard from them. So, if you think you'd like to go for it. Please do so. LOL I'd do it, but I don't train my horses, I have someone else do it.

Ginny StP

Ginny, Bill from E-training said yesterday that they had called him as well - They obtained his number from the ASPC/AMHR office so it does not appear to be a scam but a sincere request. What a great opportunity for some East Coast trainers!!!!
yes.gif

Latest posts

Back