Bay's with Dapples ...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leeana

Reaction score
Can i see some of your Bays with Dapples? Palimino's with dapples would be nice to
biggrin.gif

Quick question, can you tell if a horse will have dapples when its a weanling or foal?

Leeana

I have several Bay pinto fillies out of my stallion (Little Kings B T Buck Bandito) whom proceed to get dapples, that sometimes starts out as almost lacing and progresses to dapples. Bandito is a VERY smutty buckskin pinto and I have talked to some people who think that this "smutty" gene is what might cause the "reverse" dappling.

Here is one of them....This is Erica's Knock Your Socks Off - several pictures, as a yearling mid show season she got them and they lasted about 2 months, Then as a two year old again (but earlier) she got them and they lasted until end of July......

f8666f74.jpg

f480b345.jpg

f866686e.jpg

f88e3b48.jpg

and here would be an "upclose"

f0d40917.jpg

My bay pinto (very minimal) has some dapples, but they are so light it is hard to see them in pictures, but I'll post a couple.

This is him as a yearling:

HPIM0281.jpg

This was this past summer:

HPIM0841.jpg

Can you see the dapples? I can't tell because I have very slow dialup and my settings are for crappy pics so it moves faster (pics won't even show up on slow)

Erica - I love "Knock Your Socks Off" - she is beautiful...I want!
biggrin.gif

Mia is getting her winter fuzzy's here but she has dapples.

mia.jpg

Well here's my baby girl CK's Dynasty's Ginger Cream (deceased) no she's not bay but she had tons of dapples...(sigh) I wish I could see her today.

GloriaRoland.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just about any color will get some small amount of dappling when they are in perfect health/condition.

Here is my bay mare, Finstad Classic Contessa:

tessiebody.jpg

Jean -

That has always been my thoughts on dapples as well (great health=dapples).....I have had show horses in the barn that are silver dapples, silver bays, buckskins, smokey blacks, bays, ext......and I just LOVE it when I see those dapples start to appear!

BTW I really like that mare, seen her on your site before.

I have a bay arab gelding who gets dappels every year when his winter coat grows in. You can only see them for a short time when his coat is just the right length, but he is really cute for those couple of weeks!
rolleyes.gif
Sorry, I don't have any pics of his dapples.

P.S. I love all of your guys horses. Beautiful!
yes.gif

She isnt a bay or a palomino but my buckskin filly, Brie, has lots of gorgeous dapples!

This was taken a few days after being clipped so her color isn't completely out but you can still see her dapples. She was also out of shape in this pic.

P1010206-2.jpg

This was taken a couple months later when she was in her top shape at her first show ever.

P1010139-4.jpg

Here are pictures of Katie from this past summer. She will be 21 in April. She is a smutty bay and gets dapples in the summer.

242_348.ts1122818380000.jpg

249_348.ts1123632242000.jpg

Happy 2006!

Back