Bath and clipping day!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amyjoy85

Reaction score
I got 2 of our minis bathed and clipped today. They look so nice 😍 😍 My kiddos are taking them to their first show in a few weeks. So excited!!
Every year the one mini gets more and more white. She is about 16 yrs old now and changes so much every year. It's fun to watch! When I bought her 11/12 years ago, she had very little white.20220813_171150.jpg20220813_145942.jpg

Last edited:
I think roaning is fascinating. I had an appaloosa that got whiter and whiter every year. Your horses are beautiful. Hope everyone has a great time at the show.

It is fascinating!! I love it. It's like opening a new present every year. Thank you 😊
I hope we have a good time too. We are camping and showing at the same time. We are pretty excited. I hope they enjoy it enough to want to do more showing.

Your horses are beautiful! Cant wait to see pics from the show, yall are gonna have a blast!! I’m sure the kiddos will be addicted to showing, how old are they? Good luck!! 💕

Thank you!
I hope they get addicted to it 😍 ! They are 5, 8, and 9. I don't think there will be tons of kids there to compete against, so it will be a good way to get their feet wet.

Update on our show!! We had so much fun with our pasture puffs. My kids are talking about when we get to go to our next show 😍😍
I won't say how many were in the classes 😜

My 8 yr old (7 for show age) showed Bella (the brown horse) in youth halter mares and got 5th under both judges. He wasn't thrilled with pink ribbons, lol. He also showed in 7 and under showmanship and got 1st.

My 9 yr old showed Sadie ( I think she is a varnish appy but papers say sorrel) in youth halter and got a 3rd under one judge and 4th under the other. She got 6th in 8-12 showmanship.

My 5 yr old just did 7 and under showmanship with Sadie and got 2nd.

I took my little 2yr old filly, Cricket, into the VSE halter mares class and got 2nd (out of 2 horses). I mainly wanted to get her exposure to the noises and experience, so that's what I got. She did so well. She is not a halter class horse. More of a driving horse when she is old enough.

It was a great learning experience and we loved it! I'll make a new post to show pictures once I get them uploaded. The kids were so adorable. Everyone was so kind and helped us a lot as we were learning. Great environment and we will probably be joining our local mini horse club. We need more horses, lol.

Latest posts

Back