Bashful is overdue and I keep waiting

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marnie

Reaction score
I took my stud out last yr on Sept 15th so I know she's more than 11 months. Every weekend when Marty puts her thread on saying Whatchadoingthisweekend, I want to say -Watching Bashful - but, she's still with child or with foal. I know I should just settle down and not worry about her but she's the last to foal and she's making me crazy. I was even thinking it may be a false pregnancy but her bag is big and hard, nipples straight down, she's been so loose behind for the last few wks, I'd swear I can reach in and pull the little begger out! So I had my vet out today and he stuck his hand up there. The first thing he said is it's alive, I pinched his foot and it moved. He said it feels quite small. He said the feet and nose are there, also said something in there, can't remember what now, isn't twisted, which is something they check for. Then he told me it's not the number of days but its the adrenal pituatary axis sp?? gland that matures and sends a message that says, mom, I'm ready to come out. He also said that they may be late if placental insuffiency nutrients are there. This mare is in a weedy patch now on this picture but she has the same good hay and grain that the rest get. I need to have her have that foal soon, it has got to come out, I am just simply worried although she doesn't act uncomfortable and isn't rolling alot, just standing around, waiting too. Here she is, here's Bashful today. (The halters on because she has her Equipage monitor on.)

BashfulAug23o5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
U too huh? I have the vet coming out thursday to check multiple mares here. I have several including 2 maiden mares that were vet checked in foal last dec. Dont know if they lost em or what. Then I have some others that foaled later last year and I dont know if they got bred back late last year or early this year. At least u know u got a live one in there!!!

Ahhhhh, I bet she foals when she's good and ready! Since the vet said everything looks ok, I'd try not to worry. I have one more mare due to foal this year. She's a petite little 29" mare my daughter bought last fall and we bred her after bringing her home. She's due Oct 2, but she looks to be getting ready for an early Sept foal. I sure hope so as it would relieve my worries when I head to AMHA World!

Sending positive thoughts for you and Bashful. She's so pretty!

Hey, face it Marnie!!

Bashful loves all the extra attention and TLC that pregnant mares get!

She will hang on to that foal just as long as she can - just to keep you home waiting on her hand and foot!!

She is such of a lovely mare and that baby will be well worth waiting for!!!

Bashful is a pretty girl with a very cute name! I hope she does it quick so you can finally get some rest!

PS... Marnie, my avatar this week is TrueJoy Spots Illustrated(barn name Sport) who is Misty's 2005 colt.

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT , BASHFUL HAS A SON!!!!!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

(Cute Robin, I feel like he's my grandson!)

OH MY GOSH you mean she just now foaled when you are over here all worried??????

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

BASHFUL JUST FOALED!!!!!!!
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif

OH my gosh we are sooooo twins. I did the same thing on the forum and as I typed there went Holly down with no warning and I was like making a mad dash out there.

Come on, tell us all about him??????

Pics is a must!

Atleast it didn't take you 2 days to see if he had a weenie or not.......like some people here
wacko.gif

Are you going to name him Sneezy or Doc, or Dopey or what????

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back