Barn manager pay,what do u think?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheCaseFamily00

Reaction score
I'v been helping at a barn for quite awhile now. It started out just doing some feeding when they was on vacation and now i'm there 2 hours a day 5 days a week,give or take.. The barn does equine assisted therapy,love it there! The owners are great to work with,hours are very flexable.They have 19 horses,big and little
default_smile.png
The business has grown and they want me to take on more work,getting grain,bedding,vet appts,farrier etc. I was charging 12.50 a hour and we are going to do salary. We haven't discussed the pay otherwise. They have always been fair and I want to be fair as well.I'm sure there will be alot of extra responsibilities added so I want to have a idea what to ask for pay what do you guys think is reasonable,the barn is about 15 minutes away.
default_saludando.gif

Get a contract and be very specific about your duties.You might be much better off just working for an hourly wage.You could end up doing lots more work and get paid less per hour in the long run.I know from experience there is always lots of unexpected stuff that comes up dealing with animals and a barn.Good luck in your new job.

In these tough economic times, having a guaranteed salary is wonderful. You seem to love your work and that is what we look for as an employee. Someone that loves to be here and is not just here for the job and pay.

If they have always been fair, then just be honest in what both your needs are and go from there.

It is always great to have a job where you look forward to work, and to have horses....heaven!

Latest posts

Back