Barn Fire (all horses got out)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KAYO

Reaction score
Sunday evening a family that lives near us lost their barn to fire. All of their miniatures got out safely but haven't had any shelter until we brought them to our place last night. We've had some pretty extreme weather here.....flooding, snow, high winds etc. and they were out in it. I spoke to the wife Monday while I was at work, she had come in to buy grain and seemed really down, as I spoke with her she told me about the fire and how upset that they were because the horses were outside and couldn't get in from the weather. I told her that if her situation didn't improve to call me and I would try to make some room to board them until they could build a shelter or get their barn rebuilt. They contacted me on Wednesday and said that they needed some help. So, we moved some of our miniatures to different barns and opened up two 18x18 stalls for 7 horses. They have one stallion that runs with all of the other horses, a mare and her 2007 filly, (she's pretty cute), a small mare (that has dwarf characteristics) and her dwarf colt from 2007 (smallest horse I've ever seen) a gelding and 1 other mare (I think, I didn't get a chance to really figure everybody out as they came in kind of late last night) Their paper work is not up to date. These folks bought the miniatures to help with the foster kids that they take in. They are strictly pets, (they didn't realize that the dwarf thing is a problem) and right now they are in a position that they would like to sell off pretty much all of them with the exception of keeping one for the kids. He also said the dwarf would need a special home because they have become so attatched to him. He is going to try to get the registrations located and see if he can update as we told him that would help with the selling aspect. He said he is very negotiable on prices. The horses look good weight wise and their feet are in pretty good shape. He has a ferrior that has trimmed the dwarf I think 3 times so far and has worked quite a bit on the other dwarfs feet. They love their horses but just don't seem to have the knowledge of long term care or the probems with keeping a stallion loose and breeding everything in sight. We are outside of Plymouth Indiana, if anyone is interested please contact me. Thanks

So sorry to hear of their fire. I'm glad all the horses were safe...

Thanks for helping them as a good person. You made their day...

...WHAT A SUPER DUPER PERSON TO DO WHAT YOU ARE DOING TO HELP...KUDOS
default_aktion033.gif

default_no.gif
i am so sorry for their loss of the barn. i am so thankful that everyone is okay.

We will keep them in our prayers.

Im in Indianapolis if there is anything I can do to help let me know...

jenn

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a gal looking to adopt a dwarf on her late last week - although I can't find it now.

Ok, maybe the person wanting to adopt a dwarf will be reading and contact me, he is cute, and sweet, but oh so little.............I've never been around a dwarf much, just seen them at farms I've vitsited, so this is a learning process. He does just fine eating and getting around and the other horses treat him well, he wanted out of his stall yesterday so I let him out in the isle as I was feeding and he went for a walk, looked at the pigs, the other barns, checked out the dogs came back in and stood at the stall gate waiting to go back in. Didn't get far from the others, since its the weekend I'm going to spend a little more time out there and check him out!!
default_unsure.png

Latest posts

Back