Barn Build

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BARN BUILD - DUTCH DOORS & WINDOW-REAR VIEW

Hubby is keeping himself busy today installing the window and the Dutch doors in the rear of the barn. Stormy and Breezy have apparently been trying to help out as much as the can. They kept him company and have entertained him thats for sure. Hubby got all of his screws and tools together in a pile and ready to go. Breezy was watching him do this so he went and got a big mouth FULL of water… you see where this is going?!…. Yep, Breezy proceeded over to where the tools and screws had been gathered and helped hubby out by opening his mouth and letting the water flow all over everything!! I guess Breezy thought they were a little dusty? IDK. Such a sweetheart though for helping out!!💕

Then there is Stormy, who you literally have to mow around. He will not get out of the way of the tractor, and not just a little tractor, I am talking a mid size tractor. It doesn’t matter how many times you raise and lower the bucket, he ain’t budging LOL! Anyways, hubby had the saw out and was about to cut a piece of wood when Stormy wanted to help out. Hubby started up the saw and the next thing ya know Stormy is right there in hubby’s face!! I am assuming trying to give him kisses or maybe hubby wasn’t doing it right? IDK. Such a sweet little pony though!! 💕He stole hubby’s pen a few times too so hubby had to search for that on more than one occasion. 🤣

Geeezzzzz it’s amazing hubby is getting anything accomplished today!! LOL!!❤️❤️💕💕

Double Dutch Doors - rear of barn
255A15E5-20D4-44E3-ADBA-74DA9DD89720.jpeg

Window - rear of barn
9C946FF5-22E2-483D-BC6C-6D98A993DB14.jpeg

Attachments

• 75509A7B-CF92-4BCD-8AE0-5DAAA9D31107.jpeg
    75509A7B-CF92-4BCD-8AE0-5DAAA9D31107.jpeg
    213.5 KB · Views: 0
BARN BUILD - DUTCH DOORS & WINDOW-REAR VIEW

Hubby is keeping himself busy today installing the window and the Dutch doors in the rear of the barn. Stormy and Breezy have apparently been trying to help out as much as the can. They kept him company and have entertained him thats for sure. Hubby got all of his screws and tools together in a pile and ready to go. Breezy was watching him do this so he went and got a big mouth FULL of water… you see where this is going?!…. Yep, Breezy proceeded over to where the tools and screws had been gathered and helped hubby out by opening his mouth and letting the water flow all over everything!! I guess Breezy thought they were a little dusty? IDK. Such a sweetheart though for helping out!!💕

Then there is Stormy, who you literally have to mow around. He will not get out of the way of the tractor, and not just a little tractor, I am talking a mid size tractor. It doesn’t matter how many times you raise and lower the bucket, he ain’t budging LOL! Anyways, hubby had the saw out and was about to cut a piece of wood when Stormy wanted to help out. Hubby started up the saw and the next thing ya know Stormy is right there in hubby’s face!! I am assuming trying to give him kisses or maybe hubby wasn’t doing it right? IDK. Such a sweet little pony though!! 💕He stole hubby’s pen a few times too so hubby had to search for that on more than one occasion. 🤣

Geeezzzzz it’s amazing hubby is getting anything accomplished today!! LOL!!❤❤💕💕

Double Dutch Doors - rear of barn
View attachment 43977

Window - rear of barn
View attachment 43976
I like those hinges!

Kelley,
Our lumber prices have gone sky high here due to the pandemic. Is it that way where you are?
My husband is a contractor and the cost of building a house here has gone up $30,000 because of the increase!

Oh yeah!! I think the lumber prices have gone up everywhere 😝 It is ridiculously over priced!! At least this barn is a whole lot smaller than my last one, that’s a plus 😍

We had a friend who built a house for $60k more than his neighbor, who had the same house built right before the pandemic. CRAZY prices!!!

Everything has gone up, not just lumber. Wonder if the prices will ever go back down??? We are about to sell our 2019 Ram 2500 truck and are expecting to get $10k more than what we bought it for brand new, CRAZY! So now is the time to SELL, SELL, SELL!! There are bidding wars on houses too. Stuff is going like hot cakes!! And I like hot cakes 💕💕💕

BARN BUILD - REAR AWNING

Hubby got ALL the rear awning framed out yesterday. He has got to be exhausted, those long boards were wet and must have weighed a ton!!

D3DDAE2C-CA90-4761-A1C2-BD7A9F0778FB.jpeg

Today he put on the metal to finish up the awning. It is sooooo nice, sooooo BEAUTIFUL! He is doing such an outstanding job!!!
83CB1ABC-2459-4188-9309-FFB13999C28F.jpeg

Here is a picture of the side view so you can see both awnings…. And my biggie Riffics.
FFD1763D-781D-4037-AE12-8A98AC9EDC70.jpeg

It looks amazing! What a talented guy.
I just bought a 4 x 4 piece of plywood to cover a pallet for our ground games. $42.
That is crazy! My husband started his paperwork for retirement so I am hoping the price of lumber goes down because I have quite a few projects in mind. Hopefully he will be finished with all his jobs by the end of October. We do have a lot of lumber stored here but we are going to need some big beams for a couple of things.

Latest posts

Back