Barn Build

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelly

MHT Supporter
MHT Supporter
Reaction score
We have sold our house in Walnut Springs and are moving to Crowley, TX (just outside of Ft. Worth). My hubby has a 1 hour 45 minute commute right now. Once we move he will only have to drive 45 minutes to work. We are having to downsize from 10 acres to 2.5 acres, from my 3,000 square foot DREAM barn to a 864 square foot TINY barn, yikes! We have to be out of our current house and into our new one in less than 2 weeks! This upcoming weekend hubby will be starting on my new barn. It isn’t as big as my current one, but he promises to make it just as beautiful…. I like pretty!!

Here is a video my current barn/property… and yes, hubby built the barn!!

EDAE7042-C0C3-4B33-85CF-D8102FADC363.jpeg

F52ACC5E-2284-490D-983F-E22AB4A48FC2.jpeg

CB4A9198-181C-4BAB-9191-ABF0933FB452.jpeg

I will update this thread throughout the barn build. Feel free to post pics of the things you love about your barn!! Or the things you don’t love about your barn😂

Here are some pics of my new barn. It is 24x36 and as you can see it needs EVERYTHING!! LOL LOL!!

42384464-E147-43B7-9EE5-B3C1975B5CB0.jpeg

We have already ripped out the 8 foot high interior fencing, pounded in the wood post, and have added cross fencing.

A572F3AA-1A63-4279-A9EF-B9ECE5DA3427.jpeg
The concrete pad on the left will be my feed/tack/groom room. The dirt floors will be the stalls. It NEEDS a lot of work! Stay tuned 😍❤️❤️

My stable is actually built in a 40' x 35' garage. About 16' x 35' (approx. 560 sq. feet) is the stable. It's connected to the garage by a door, but I also have a separate door to the outside, and a stairway up to the hayloft. I have three 6x8 stall, two of which have a removable wall that can be taken out if I need a larger stall. I also have a 8x10 foaling stall. Aisle is 4' large and I have a 8x10 grooming area. And hay loft is about 15 x 40. I fit around 400 square bales of hay, but could possibly fit an extra 100.

Of course, this is a barn for miniatures... :)

Things I like about my barn:
- it's cosy and not to big, so it's never too cold in winter (Canadian weather ;))
- I love the fact that I can play around with the stall sizes. Some of my minis love to be stalled together, so I can always change the stalling arrangements if need be.
- I love the empty wall along the aisle. I'm planning on decorating it with pictures frames.

Only thing I don't really like, but have learnt to live with, is the tack room that measures 6x8. It's small, but I keep it very organized and clean.

JFNM your barn sounds awesome!!! I would love to see your floor plan! And pics!! And your aisle wall once you get it all decorated 💕

What I am looking forward to:
-The coziness and quaintness of my new barn
-Less upkeep, more pony time
-Less mowing, more pony time
-Downsizing
-Overhangs that hubby will be adding
-Dutch doors 😍

I am excited that I will be able to take my biggie, Riffics, with me! He will have his own 12x12 stall. I am thinking I will also have another 12x12 stall and a 12x24 stall for my 4 little boys. The feed/tack/groom area will probably be 12x24.

Our barn is 24'x32'....two 8'x12' stalls and one (new!) 8'x8' stall. 8'x24' tractor storage connected to an 8'x16' hay/feed room. Everything is build around the edges, so there is an open space in the middle that the minis LOVE to roll in!

Our barn now has solar panels on the (visible) slope of the roof. Tractor is on the L, stalls on the R.
adlonljbbkcocdmg.jpg

Our two 8x12 stalls.....the new 8x8 stall (not in pic) is on the left edge of the picture.
pbekpbkhpgoijhgn.jpg

Our barn is 24'x32'....two 8'x12' stalls and one (new!) 8'x8' stall. 8'x24' tractor storage connected to an 8'x16' hay/feed room. Everything is build around the edges, so there is an open space in the middle that the minis LOVE to roll in!

Our barn now has solar panels on the (visible) slope of the roof. Tractor is on the L, stalls on the R.
View attachment 43729

Our two 8x12 stalls.....the new 8x8 stall (not in pic) is on the left edge of the picture.
View attachment 43730
Off topic here but who's the new stall for?????

BARN BUILD - FENCE & FLOOR

The fence is complete, we finished putting up all 78 fence rails yesterday. It looks soooooo good! We still need to add gates though.

Today we got the flooring in. We used 576 concrete pavers and boy were they heavy! The stall matts go in tomorrow.

4BF5A359-1B97-4B65-9433-592396E1B92B.jpeg

1B217DC7-2B3B-48FA-B0CF-786D2FD31782.jpeg

I showed a friend a picture of my new “stable” and she said, “Well…. It does look stable!” 🤣

Last edited:
BARN BUILD - METAL

Dave stopped by Mueller Buildings today for the exterior metal on the barn. He was very upset when it started to rain this afternoon and was forced to stop working for a few minutes. He is doing such a wonderful job!! It’s looking AWESOME!!!

53607E9B-21EA-4C47-B54B-3AC41A5B7A4F.jpeg
This is the rear view of the barn. He is out there right now hanging up metal on the front 😍

We have sold our house in Walnut Springs and are moving to Crowley, TX (just outside of Ft. Worth). My hubby has a 1 hour 45 minute commute right now. Once we move he will only have to drive 45 minutes to work. We are having to downsize from 10 acres to 2.5 acres, from my 3,000 square foot DREAM barn to a 864 square foot TINY barn, yikes! We have to be out of our current house and into our new one in less than 2 weeks! This upcoming weekend hubby will be starting on my new barn. It isn’t as big as my current one, but he promises to make it just as beautiful…. I like pretty!!

Here is a video my current barn/property… and yes, hubby built the barn!!

View attachment 43718

View attachment 43719

View attachment 43720

I will update this thread throughout the barn build. Feel free to post pics of the things you love about your barn!! Or the things you don’t love about your barn😂

I am so jealous! Don't have a barn at all yet and getting frustrated with huge waiting lists right now! I SO LOVE your barn and property...gorgeous!

BARN BUILD - STALL DOOR

DD6E2699-E820-475A-ADD0-13DAFD8D8A2A.jpeg

Hubby had to go to work this weekend, darn work always getting in the way of my barn build 🤣 He was able to make a stall door though and it turned out really cute! That will be Riffics stall, my biggie. I know Riffics will absolutely LOVE it, he LOVES the finer things in life! 💕

Latest posts

Back