Balding, Rasoring, shaving...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midnight star stables

Reaction score
I have a show comin up this saturday... I plan to bald all my minis, & shaving is not a problem, I can do it with my eyes closed, & still not even make a scrach!

I need help on how to but the goop on, how to & how much gel on manes, what kind of "goop" i need

I have reg hair gel, baby oil, vickes(sp) for the stud & we will be inside all day.

what else do i need? pics a great
yes.gif
please help me out

thanks guys!

the only goop we use on the balded noses and eyes is baby oil gel just enough so it looks very shiny but doesn't drip we gel them a good week morning and night after the show to or they get to dried out and chapped. You must be very talented to be able to shave with your eyes closed we would be in deep poop if we tried that around here.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
good luck with your show.

Sounds like you have it covered as far as "cosmetics".

As far as how much gel to put in the hair, that depends on the look you are going for, and how stubborn the hair is to lay down.

I'd also invest in some quality shaving gel/cream to help get rid of the hair you are razoring.

Make sure and moisturize the skin directly afterward, to help it look nicer and not dryish.

I don't use any form of colored enhancers on my horses, so baby oil, baby oil gel, hair gel, and ShowSheen or something similar is about it. Maybe some Cowboy Magic...

Happy showing!

Liz M.

PS-Share pics when you can.
smile.gif

Back